PlexMediaServer 1.0.15 Not Working

• Hi! I just recently updated to the new version of the PMS plugin for OMV and it broke the playing of any file. I found the post saying to remove the "noexec" and that has fixed the playing problem however it does not start automatically on reboot (even though it shows it's running) and any config change I try to apply makes it just hang there on the "applying changes" dialog. Please let me know any commands you need to see the output of. Thanks! It does work when I run it manually using:

Code
    /etc/init.d/plexmediaserver start
  • What version of OMV are you on?

There can be a very long delay when you disable and then enable the plugin. It depends on how large your Library directory is and how fast your CPU is.

The whole purpose of the updated plugin is to avoid having to remove noexec from fstab.

Post the output of:

apt-cache policy plexmediaserver

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Code
    NAS:~ # apt-cache policy plexmediaserver
    plexmediaserver:
      Installed: 1.0.0.2261-a17e99e-debian
      Candidate: 1.0.0.2261-a17e99e-debian
      Version table:
     *** 1.0.0.2261-a17e99e-debian 0
            500 http://dh2k.omv-extras.org/debian/ plex-wheezy-mirror/main amd64 Packages
            100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
  • Upgrade the plugin. Then disable the plugin and save. Then enable the plugin and save again. Be patient, it could be several minutes before the process is complete. There is no need to remove noexec from fstab, so put it back the way it was and reboot.

--

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• You have a different problem.

You did not wait long enough on applying changes... I think.

That's why I originally said go get a meal :)

--

• I don't know what happens if you don't wait long enough and abandon the process part way thru but it can't be good.

--

• I've rebooted since then so it shouldn't still be running right? I'll go try and let it sit forever.. lol. Do I save and apply in between disable and enable?

Disable, save and apply. This might go fast.
    Enable, save and apply. This can take a long time.

--

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!