ODROID C2 OMV PlexMediaServer Guide

• Hi everyone, I'm new here. I need some help with a small project that I'm trying to do before I go to Portugal. I'm trying to set up a portable NAS using OMV. I downloaded the Raspberry Pi2 OS and I was able to get it up and running but for some reason the plexmediaserver keep asking me to update to the latest version which whenever I tried to download and install it wont update and If I don't update the plex to the latest version, Plex wont let connect to it using my ipad mini. Any way I decided to buy a new ODROID C2 because I heard that they are very powerful units. I downloaded the OMV OS for the odroid c2, I created a SD boot image and completed all the updates. For some reason the Plexmediaserver plug-in is missing from the regular list. I went and use putty and I ran a sudo apt-get update, then a sudo apt-get upgrade. I was able to upgrade the system to the latest version. When I go back to the browser version I turned on the plexmediaserver repo but nothing shows on plugins, I tried to install plex manually but it messed up the OMV. I had to reformat the SD and create a new boot OS. I read pretty much 70% of the post in the forum. If anyone can help me with this I will really appreciate it. Sorry for my poor English, I still learning. Before I forget, All I need OMV is with FTP to transfer the Movies, Music & TV Shows in to the HDD and plexmediaserver to organize my media. I'm using a HOO-TOO router battery back up 10500 to stream the video using the wifi ability.

• Offizieller Beitrag

We don't have a plex package for armhf. The maintainer stopped producing the packages.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4 | scripts 7.0.1

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

The C2 image on sourceforge is arm64. There is no plex in that repo. The C2 can run armhf though. The RPi3 will be able to run arm64 as soon as there is a kernel (I haven't look in a while).

I have lots of devices but I use samba (kodi on firetv, nplayer on iOS). No need for plex for me.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4 | scripts 7.0.1

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• oh well, it seems like I have to get back to the Raspberry Pi2, I really love PMS and Emby, both of them combined are the bad ass programs. I also tried ubuntu mate and no luck with PMS.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!