problem installing HP 10gbit nic

• Hello

Now i have installed a "HP Mellanox Connect-2 Single Port 10 Gbit/s" with the "Finisar 10 Gbit/s SFP+ Modul / Transceiver - Short Wave, 850 nm Modul".
    Use the driver for Debian 7.6 (OMV is Wheezy = 7.x right?!) and install by using the manual (http://www.mellanox.com/page/products_dyn?product_family=27).

The problem now...

Installed Kernel is the "Debian GNU/Linux, with Linux 3.2.0-4-amd64".

Whats going wrong?!

OMV 5.x / HP DL360 gen8 , 2x HP Storrage Array 3.5" with 36x 8TB Seagate Archive RAID 6

• Offizieller Beitrag

I know the backports 3.16 kernel works with the Mellanox adapter using the kernel module. No need to install any drivers.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4 | scripts 7.0.1

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Perfect... Kernal 3.16 and the NIC is running.

I try to connect the cards directly between the two servers. And so i try to set a "pointopoint" option. This is'nt possible by the default web-gui, right?!

OMV 5.x / HP DL360 gen8 , 2x HP Storrage Array 3.5" with 36x 8TB Seagate Archive RAID 6

• Offizieller Beitrag

This is'nt possible by the default web-gui, right?!

I don't think so.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4 | scripts 7.0.1

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!