network card replacement (solved...)

• Hi all, I installed a second network card in my pc in the PCI. and through it I can do Wake On Land network. the problem is that the pc boots but I can not access the system, I have to change the network cable to the integrated card to enter the system. How I can configure the system to work with the second network card? thanks

box silverstone htpc
    hdd 3x3teras W.D. green caviar in raid 5 + 1 160gigas S.O.
    motherboard asus p5k cpu. core2duo 2.4ghz.
    memory 2gigas

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von peterpozo ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

Set a static ip for both adapters in the web interface. Both should show up.

omv 7.1.0-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.7

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Does the system recognize the second NIC? If so, it should be seen under Network/Interfaces, named as eth1. Give it a different IP address in the same subnet as eth0 with the same parameters, plug the cable into the second NIC and try to reach the Web-UI via the new IP address. It should be reachable.
    On the job I have a OMV box running which hosts the files of four VMWare guests via NFS and it has a second dual port NIC with bonded links on another subnet. I can reach the box over the other subnet.
    If that works, try to wake it up. I haven't done that before, but if WOL does not work you maybe have to rename the NICs (The existing eth0 to i.e. eth2 and the new eth1 to eth0) and then disable the onboard NIC. The renaming can be done via Linux commands, read this article.

Homebox: Bitfenix Prodigy Case, ASUS E45M1-I DELUXE ITX, 8GB RAM, 5x 4TB HGST Raid-5 Data, 1x 320GB 2,5" WD Bootdrive via eSATA from the backside
    Companybox 1: Standard Midi-Tower, Intel S3420 MoBo, Xeon 3450 CPU, 16GB RAM, 5x 2TB Seagate Data, 1x 80GB Samsung Bootdrive - testing for iSCSI to ESXi-Hosts
    Companybox 2: 19" Rackservercase 4HE, Intel S975XBX2 MoBo, C2D@2200MHz, 8GB RAM, HP P212 Raidcontroller, 4x 1TB WD Raid-0 Data, 80GB Samsung Bootdrive, Intel 1000Pro DualPort (Bonded in a VLAN) - Temp-NFS-storage for ESXi-Hosts

• Thanks, that's what I have done, I have given a static IP to each of the cards and I recognize them both, and I can do with the new wake on lan, but I can not access the system with the new, I have to change that setting to access the system? thank you very much for the help

box silverstone htpc
    memory 2gigas

• Offizieller Beitrag

When you say you can't access the new one, are trying by name or ip?

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.7

• ip,I can access it, even turning on the computer from the network, but no access to openmediavault, I guess I have to make any configuration changes to it, but I can not find the way

box silverstone htpc
    memory 2gigas

• Offizieller Beitrag

Sounds like apache isn't answering on eth1. Can ssh into eth1? I assume you have rebooted?

• if I restarted, but achieved nothing. thanks for the help, but I leave today. keep trying other day, and if I fail I think the solution may be to reinstall the system from 0 to tell you the card you want working
    perdon for the inconvenience

box silverstone htpc
    memory 2gigas

• solved by storm, I had to reinstall the operating system and I have my pci network card worked and by Wake on LAN. with integrated thing did not work. Thanks to all for the help.

box silverstone htpc
    memory 2gigas

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!