VirtualBox problem

• I have a problem, my omv system (v0.4.25.1) won't start the virtualbox plugin after reboot. When trying to access the module i get the following error:

Code
    Error #64:
    exception 'Exception' with message 'Could not connect to host (http://127.0.0.1:18083/)' in /usr/share/phpvirtualbox/lib/vboxconnector.php:213
    Stack trace:
    #0 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc/virtualbox.inc(256): vboxconnector->connect()
    #1 [internal function]: VirtualBoxRpc->getMachines(Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(265): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(98): OMVRpc::exec('virtualbox', 'getMachines', Array)
    #4 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc.php(44): OMVJsonRpcServer->handle()
    #5 {main}

In diagnostics -> processes i don't see any service running from virtualbox. Does anyone know how to start the service and make it start on every boot?

• /etc/default/openmediavault-virtualbox

Code
    EG37BYwx7f

/etc/default/virtualbox

Code
    # defaults for virtualbox
    # sourced by vboxweb-service on startup

VBOXWEB_USER=vbox
    VBOXWEB_HOST=127.0.0.1

Thnx in advance!

EDIT:
    I managed to start the server with the following command:

Code
    /etc/init.d/vboxweb-service start

However, on reboot the service won't start again.

• Offizieller Beitrag

You could try: update-rc.d vboxweb-service defaults
    and then see if it starts are reboot.

omv 7.1.0-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.1

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• The plugin does not use the root user to run anything. It uses the user vbox. Let me look at this later. I'll get back to you.
    This will run under root and is not correct.

Code
    /etc/init.d/vboxweb-service start

Check to see if you see anything in your runlevels /etc/rcx.d (where x= 0 thru 5 so there are 6 folders) for anything that has vboxweb-service in it. It will start with and S or K. If you do not do as Ryecoaaron said.
    Report back if they were missing or are there. I'm trying to solve other issues in bad installs of the virtualbox plugin.

• I like to help fixing this the right way. Since i'm not exactly sure what i'm looking for here is the content of the files:

/etc/rc0.d

/etc/rc1.d

/etc/rc2.d

/etc/rc3.d

/etc/rc4.d

/etc/rc5.d

• It is already there and should be starting. There is a problem somewhere else. Tonight I will post more.

Go in OMV to /Dianostics/ Processes and tell me if you have anything running under ther "vbox" user???

• No processes are running under the user "vbox" however when checking the system log (boot section) I do see this:

Code
    Fri Mar  8 20:12:04 2013: Starting VirtualBox kernel modules:.
    Fri Mar  8 20:12:04 2013: Starting VirtualBox web service:done..
  • S04openmediavault-virtualbox
    S04vboxautostart-service
    S04vboxballoonctrl-service
    S04vboxweb-service

You have all these in the run levels. You do not need to do an update-rc.d command. I am working on this issue. Getting close. Many people have had issues installing plugin from a non-usa rep.
    Did you change your /etc/apt/sources.list repos?
    Regardless, I'm working on resolving this.

Make sure everthing in /etc/default /etc/ini.d and your run level folders /etc/rcx.d has everything as root:root ownership. for user and groups.
    You can do this to check the files:
    cd /etc/default
    ls -la

Then it will show you. Then do for other folders. Tell me if something does not read root:root

• We need to get these running:

The vboxweb-service will not run until the other 2 are running. Are you sure you do not see any of these in the /Diagnostics /Processes ??
    Aaron if you see this and have any ideas chime in?

• Zitat von "tekkbebe"

Did you change your /etc/apt/sources.list repos?

I didn't touch this file.

Zitat von "tekkbebe"

Make sure everthing in /etc/default /etc/ini.d and your run level folders /etc/rcx.d has everything as root:root ownership. for user and groups.

All of the files are running as root:root.

Zitat von "tekkbebe"

The vboxweb-service will not run until the other 2 are running. Are you sure you do not see any of these in the /Diagnostics /Processes ??

I doubled checked a dozen time and none of the processes are running. Also tried to reboot couple of times but with no luck.

• vboxdrv did not setup right. I just tried on a virtual machine and the plugin did not work. Uninstall plugin, delete this file /var/cache/apt/archives/openmediavault-virtualbox(there is more at end of name), and try plugin in like 2 days.

• MollyP, lately the plugin has not been working. I'm trying to figure out what is going wrong but on different installs of the plugin there are many different things that are going wrong. It is not always the same problem which would use same fix. If plugin is working again we will tell you.

• Zitat von "tekkbebe"

MollyP, lately the plugin has not been working. I'm trying to figure out what is going wrong but on different installs of the plugin there are many different things that are going wrong. It is not always the same problem which would use same fix. If plugin is working again we will tell you.

Thanks, good to know.

Btw, I'm getting this message when uploading the OMW-Plugins .deb file, "{"success":true,"responseText":null}". But I just click cancel and I can install the plugin from the list, might be related with me using a virtual machine to test this to not screw up my original nas config. Maybe it can help you guys.

• sadly that solution did not really work (services didn't start on every boot). However I managed to get it working executing the following commands:

Code
    cd /usr/share/phpvirtualbox
    cp vboxinit /etc/init.d
    chmod u+rx /etc/init.d/vboxinit
    update-rc.d vboxinit defaults

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!