Can't use gmail address for forum

• Not a huge deal but something you should be aware of. I tried to create a forum account with a gmail address but the forum system kept saying "The email is invalid". After I created an account with another address I tried to change the email to my gmail address and I get the same problem. Very strange. I'm 100% sure that the address I used is valid.

• Hi,
    this is just a wild guess but have you checked for any spaces before or after the email? This happens often to me when I just copy/paste things and forms report that something is invalid :)

Daniel

• Wow, I was about to ask the same question. It doesn't work with me either; can anyone check if that doesn't work for specific users or if that applies to everyone? Just type a random gmail address in the box and see if it accepts it.

• Wow, I was about to ask the same question. It doesn't work with me either; can anyone check if that doesn't work for specific users or if that applies to everyone? Just type a random gmail address in the box and see if it accepts it.

I too had this problem, and I am 110% sure that my email works and that it was typed properly. There must be something wrong with the database that prevents "gmail" from working.

• Offizieller Beitrag

My account is setup with a gmail account but it may be a recent change. I am just waiting to hear back from Volker.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

The forum is set to manual authorization for new accounts due to the high level of spammers. It also checks stopforumspam.com for suspect email addresses. So, maybe check your email address on their search?

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!