Still struggling - How to install XMLTV 0.5.69 on OMV

• Hi,

I have spent months trying to sort this problem out and still struggling - it is the only thing holding me back from switching from my Windows 10 server completely.

I am running TVHeadend on OMV 3.0.

Everything is working perfectly except for the fact that I want to switch from using OTA EPG grabbing to using my Schedules Direct account (which gives me much better TV guide information on my current Windows server).

For this, I need the tv_grab_zz_sdjson grabber, which comes with XMLTV 0.5.69.

I installed XMLTV but couldn't work out why the grabber wasn't there.

After a lot of research, I realised that was because OMV3.0 is based upon Debian Jessie and according to this:

https://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=xmltv

the latest version of XMLTV is 0.5.63-2 - thus, the grabber is not in this older version.

What are my options?

Is there any way I can still get the latest version of XMLTV onto OMV?

• Bit of an update - I asked this same question on a general Debian forum and their advice was:

"Since they have their own Jessie-based repository, it would be best if they backported the 5.69 version in Stretch to their own repository. "

Not entirely sure what this means/entails, but thought I should post if in case it is of use to any of the developers.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!