Net not recovery after reboot router

• Hi I have a strange problem.

My router is not working properly, so all of a sudden stop working and I have to reboot to recover my net.

No problem on that, the ISP will replace soon the router.

But my OMV which is up to date is not able to recover the network once I have restarted the router.

My OMV is in an ODROID machine, working flawlessly in any other aspect.

Any ideas why this happend? (It is annoying having to restart also my ODROID to get the net back).

Best regards.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Any ideas why this happend?

Is the odroid set for dhcp or static IP? If it is set for static IP, the router outage should not require a reboot.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4 | scripts 7.0.1

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Then it could be an issue of the router also?

Probably. I have everything connected to an independent switch. So if the router goes down, all of the internal machines can still communicate with each other. If everything is connected to the router's switch ports during an outage, they won't work right.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4 | scripts 7.0.1

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I am testing, but it is strange.

If I do not connect the Odroid to the router there is no problem with the network, at the moment I reconnect the ODROID, in several minutes the network fall down.

Any suggestion?

Where should I look?

Best regards.

• Maybe your OMV machine is generating too much network traffic and your router get overloaded?

• Maybe your OMV machine is generating too much network traffic and your router get overloaded?

That it must be impossible. Anyway I will check it.

I use OMV for Plex, just in rare ocasions, I see a moovie; also I have Torrent with very low traffic; Nextcloud (small private database); and finally as a backup in RAID 1 for my pictures (I am an amateur photographer).

So all in all, I should not have enough traffic to knock down my router.

I will check anyway, and I will try to use a Wifi adapter to see if it happens also with wifi instead of ethernet.

Best regards.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!