Problem with "ghost filesystem" on a RAID

• Hello,

I have a NAS with five harddrives, sda for the OS, sdb and sbc together as md0 (RAID 1). I created a second RAID 1 with sdd and sde but I can not create a file system on it because OMV itself created a file system md1 (also called FileDrive1 like md0). I can not delete or mount it in the Web GUI.

device fs_type label mount point
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    /dev/sda1 ext4 /
    /dev/sda5 swap <swap>

/dev/sdb linux_raid_member fjordland:FileDrive1 (in use)
    /dev/sdc linux_raid_member fjordland:FileDrive1 (in use)
    /dev/md0 ext4 FileDrive1 /srv/dev-disk-by-label-FileDrive1

/dev/sdd linux_raid_member fjordland:BackupDrive1 (in use)
    /dev/sde linux_raid_member fjordland:BackupDrive1 (in use)
    /dev/md1 ext4 FileDrive1 (not mounted)

I wiped sdd and sde and created the RAID again. I removed them (physically) from the NAS and added them.

Any ideas how to solve my problem?

Thanks

Bjoern

• yes I know, my problem is that I have never created the md1 file system, only the md0. I do not know why md1 is called FileDrive1, it should be BackupDrive1.

This is how it looks in the WebGUI:

• I solved the problem.

Removed the sdb to sde from the backplane and wiped them outside complety once again. Wiped sda and installed OMV again. Then added the four drives back to the backplane and now I was able to create the two different RAIDs and the different file systems.

I believe that on one of the drives was chunk of wrong informations that caused the problem.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!