Specify a general criterion to mount fs ?

• Hey everybody,
    I just installed a fresh installtion of OMV 3 and I noticed that my backup raid 5 and my external hdd are now mounted to /srv/...
    Futhermore the names are pretty curious.
    One time its /srv/disk-by-label-backup and /srv/disk-by-UUID-99283927484.
    This is pretty confusing because before doing the fresh install they were mounted to /media/<UUID>.

When I try to change it in the fstab file OMV is getting trouble with the shares.

Since I want to understand the OMV system in general I'm curious if there is a method to say OMV that it should mount the fs by a specified criterion.
    First time a label and in the second time by UUID seems to be pretty random.

Have a nice day
    LouBen3010

• Offizieller Beitrag

Starting with OMV 3.0.71, the default behavior is to mount at /srv and use the by-label path with slashes removed. This was done for LVM snapshots (and possibly other things) since they have the same UUID. As you found, you should never modify the OMV section of fstab. It will break things and be overwritten at some point.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4 | scripts 7.0.1

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!