Bonding with wlan and eth

• Hello,

I try to put up a bond interface with a Toshiba Satellite A200-2BH.
    I have two network interfaces: Ethernet and Wifi.
    I have informed the wifi settings in the file / etc / network / interfaces:
    auto wlan0
    iface wlan0 inet dhcp
    wpa-ssid mynetworkname
    WPA-PSK mysecretpassphrase

My wireless network is WPA/WPA2 TKIP / AES.

Then I did ifup wlan0. I was able to verify the presence of my interface by typing ifconfig.

Then I went in the "Network / Interfaces" and "Add" menu. In the dialog box (I'll spare you the details of the standard configuration, subnet mask, gateway, DHCP or static ....) I have chosen the balance-rr (mode 0). My primary interface is the Ethernet connection.
    I left the other default information.

Unfortunately, it did not work and I have no connection at all.

If anyone can help me.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Bonding ethernet and wireless is not a good idea. What are you trying to achieve?

omv 7.1.0-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.7

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Hi ryecoaaron always there for my noob problems ;)

I try to have a better bandwidth for my ethernet card is 100Mbps and it is very slow. In addition, with the mode balance-rr, I do not think taking a big risk, because from what I understood (stop me if I'm wrong), this mode increases the bandwidth and use the other interface if the first fails.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I think wireless is a bad idea for a server and would give you minimal increase in speed if it worked. A quick google and there are quite a few articles (old) that mention a bug in ifenslave in Squeeze. I think you would have much better luck with a gigabit network card. I use this gigabit card in my laptop. You could probably use a usb gigabit network adapter as well.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.7

• Offizieller Beitrag

Here is the article. Like I said, it is old so maybe it has been fixed. If it has been fixed, it may be an issue with OMV.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!