Raspberry Pi 3 - Error installing Docker

• This seems to be fixed in the debian repo since php7.0-common 7.0.30 has been released. An apt-get update (or apt clean in omv-extras) would probably fix this.

omv 5.6.13 usul | 64 bit | 5.11 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 5.6.2 | kvm plugin 5.1.6
    omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Ran an apt clean and then I ran an apt-get update. Then attempted an install php7.0-common:

root@omv:~# apt-get install php7.0-common
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    php7.0-common is already the newest version (7.0.27-0+deb9u1).
    0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
    root@omv:~#

Uncommented the sources.list for security and got the same error.

• Your apt lists must not be updating then because 7.0.30 is available for all arches. Here is my arm64 board:

omv 5.6.13 usul | 64 bit | 5.11 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 5.6.2 | kvm plugin 5.1.6

• Is there any way to update this? This is a fresh image.

• What is the output of:

apt-get update
    cat /etc/apt/sources.list

• Remove the backports line from /etc/apt/sources.list and then apt-get update. I am writing an sd card now to see what fixes it.

• The problem is caused by the pinning which is only a problem when php7.0-curl is installed (since there is no 7.0.27 package anymore). Checking more.

• The following lines are causing the php packages to pinned at 10 in /etc/apt/preferences.d/99raspberrypiorg which won't let them be upgraded.

Package: *
    Pin: release n=stretch, origin archive.raspberrypi.org
    Pin-Priority: 10

Not sure why. I commented them out and everything upgrades fine but you risk installing packages from the raspberry pi repo (raspbian). Those lines look fine to me but the origin is being ignored. I will have to figure out why.

• Just did this and it's installed successfully. Outputs are attached. I may re-install from scratch just to be sure I didn't mis-configure anything. Do I risk installing updates through the update management that shouldn't be?

• If it is a package other than one of these: firmware-brcm80211 libraspberrypi-bin libraspberrypi0 raspberrypi-bootloader raspberrypi-kernel and it comes from the raspberrypi.org repo, then you probably don't want it. Your output doesn't show any.

• Hi,

Just to clarify I just have to comment the lines in /etc/apt/preferences.d/99raspberrypiorg and then execute apt-get install php7.0-curl ?

Thanks

• Just to clarify I just have to comment the lines in /etc/apt/preferences.d/99raspberrypiorg and then execute apt-get install php7.0-curl ?

Yep.

• I'm getting the following error message as part of the apt-get update output:

Code
    Hit:26 https://dl.bintray.com/openmediavault-plugin-developers/arrakis-docker stretch Release
    Exception ignored in: <function WeakValueDictionary.__init__.<locals>.remove at 0x7fb83ea81510>
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/usr/lib/python3.5/weakref.py", line 117, in remove
    TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not callable
    Exception ignored in: <function WeakValueDictionary.__init__.<locals>.remove at 0x7fb83ea81510>
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/usr/lib/python3.5/weakref.py", line 117, in remove
    TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not callable

I'm not sure whether it's connected, but there is also the following message when I enter apt-get upgrade:

Code
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    Calculating upgrade... Done
    The following packages have been kept back:
    linux-image-amd64
    0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 1 not upgraded.

I've posted in this thread because it's the closest one I can find to the issue I've had. However, I'm not sure whether to follow the steps suggested here because my system is an amd64, not a raspberry pi.

Can anyone help me to understand what's going wrong here?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!