how often email notifications (0.5.6)

• Hi,

I decided to ask as I could not find the answer with a search or perhaps I overlooked!

The question is how often will the OMV generate an email notification and what the content of the notifications?

Over a 48 hours period I received two email notifications, I assumed more and also some kind of daily summary, but perhaps I am wrong?
    As I am getting two notifications the setup appears to be correct - or?
    My notifications settings are:

Filesystems [selected]
    CPU Load [selected]
    Load Average [selected]
    Memory Usage [selected]
    Process Monitoring [selected]

The two notifications I got was from {Anacron job 'cron.daily'} and {CRON-APT completed on openmediavault} and the content were:

/etc/cron.daily/mdadm:
    mdadm: No mail address or alert command - not monitoring.
    run-parts: /etc/cron.daily/mdadm exited with return code 1

Where do I add the email address and/or alert command to MDADM?

CRON-APT RUN [/etc/cron-apt/config]: Thu Aug 29 04:00:02 VET 2013
    CRON-APT SLEEP: 3039, Thu Aug 29 04:50:41 VET 2013
    CRON-APT ACTION: 3-download

Cheers and thanks in advance!

Steen

CPU Atom D510, 2MB RAM, SSD 40GB (OS), SSD 120GB (Data), OMV 0.5.8 (Sardaukar) + Plex Media Server

• @ The system/notification / settings tab in web gui, but as you said you allready got mails you allready have it set.

What you have @ /etc/mdadm/mdadm.conf file?
    Should have
    ---
    # instruct the monitoring daemon where to send mail alerts
    MAILADDR xxxx@xxxx.xxx
    MAILFROM root
    ---
    in it somewhere. Never had RAiD problems so not sure if it's right tho.

_-<=[' OMV 1.0.12(Kralizec) ']=>-_
    3.14-0.bpo.1-rt-amd64 kernel
    RAiD 6
    ASuS P5Q Pro

• Hi hms!

Thanks fir your reply.

My bad as I did not know what mdadm did/is as I am new to OMV, and I do not have use/RAID yet (my build is still in its testing phase = need more cash for additional a hard drives), so that explains the message. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Today after another 24 hour period I got no notification(s), so still I keep wondering how often one should receive notifications.

Cheers Steen

CPU Atom D510, 2MB RAM, SSD 40GB (OS), SSD 120GB (Data), OMV 0.5.8 (Sardaukar) + Plex Media Server

• Under OMV 0.4 you got multiple notifications every day (see attachment) under 0.5 that has been drastically improved. I guess you now only get notifications in case it is neccessary.

Greetings
    David

• Hi David,

Certainly appears so, guess be fore the complaint was to many and mow make the complaint too few :o)

Anyway OMV 0.5 is a great improvement - in my opinion - so I'll settle my "complaint" here. :o)

Take care - Steen

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!