Unable to reconnect after power outage

• Hello all, not sure where to put this but here are the specs.

Raspberry Pi 3

3 hard drives connected via usb.

Every time the power goes out, I lose the server setup. I have to re-instal the entire server, remount the drives, recreate the shares. Go back in to windows and re-map the drives.

Is there any way of just backing up the flash drive and on a power outage just restoring from the backup?

Thanks in advance

Eric

• Is there any way of just backing up the flash drive

This question has been asked so often in the forum. You can make a copy with dd or any other image copy utility. Please use the forum search too.
    Or here: Solution to common problems

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

• Every time the power goes out, I lose the server setup. I have to re-instal the entire server, remount the drives, recreate the shares. Go back in to windows and re-map the drives

Sounds like a counterfeit SD card faking higher capacity than it has. So all your writes go to nowhere but as long as the RPi is powered the stuff lives in the filesystem/page cache. Once you reboot everything has gone.

The readme.txt at the download location points to this thread where it's written: It's strongly recommended to always test your SD card with either F3 or H2testw first to check for counterfeit/broken cards.

BTW: 3 disks connected to an RPi are 3 too much :)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!