Possible mail server & more

• Folks,

I've been reading about Citadel being used on the Raspberry Pi as a mail server. Since it runs on a Pi it should not be resource hungry.

It has a lot of features and is still being updated.

• interesting. i am using my own mailserver running as a vm guest on top of omv as of today. sofar i guess i will be happy enough with just my smarthpone and imap. a webgui is a sexy thing. but i don't think the time to set one up would justify for the rare occasions i would actually need a gui. for calendars you can use imap as a shared backend aswell.

or are you are talking about using omv in business and therefor wanting a real colaboration suite?

• My thoughts are it might be used in most any environment, from home to possibly small business. The fact that it uses few resources may allow it to easily coexist on an OMV server.

• I run Wheeezy with iRedMail as a KVM guest on my OMV installation. iRedmail a complete mailsetup with Greylist Spamassassin Clamav and Postfix. It uses RoundCube as a IMAP webmail client (like Citadel). I think that a iRedmail plugin would be more compliant with the paclages that OMV is using.

I have been running iRedMail for about four years -very stable and very eazy to get running.

• I had mentioned Citadel as the mail server for the Pi as I had seen several sites mentioned it worked well with their Pi's. Had not heard of iRedMail before, and have not looked to see if it would work with the the Pi.

In order to use the Pi though as a mail server I would put the Pi's OS on an HDD to save the SD card. A micro NAS built on a Pi and two 2.5 drives set up in RAID 1 could work.

• chente

Hat das Thema geschlossen.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!