[solved] Communication Failure - No PlugIns listed

• Offizieller Beitrag
    Zitat von "Solo0815"

Why is there a "Ign" if I "apt-get update"?

No changes so no need to download the package file again.

omv 7.1.0-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.7

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I have the problem and have started using OMV from version 0.5, so no major upgrade was done. And yes it is reproducable. Have not tried a re-install though and actually don't want to reconfigure everything for this issue.

Oh well just using CLI now to do what I want but still not how it's supposed to be working...

• So let's collect things all the users with the error have in comon:
    For me:
    - Kernel 3.2
    - OMV 0.5.11
    - xbmc-server
    - mysql
    - first install omv-extras: ver 0.5.2 (it didn't work, only from CLI due to missing omv-local.list)
    ^^^ now omv-extras 0.5.5

• I’m having problems with Plugins also but my setup is different from Solo0815's setup. I succeeded in getting .5.11 to install and actually run on a goflex (armel) after solving a few problems related to getting the omv deb package to run to completion. Update manager works and far as I can tell, so far, everything is working except for Plugins. There is nothing at all listed in Plugins and every time I click on it I get Communication Failure.

One of the problems I had trying to get omv to install was an error in configuration of the /etc/hosts file. So at this point I’m thinking there may be another configuration file that is not correctly configured on the goflex that might be causing this problem.

Could one of you guys explain to me what configuration files are needed by Plugins during install or what it expects to see during/after the install? If I had some idea what to look at I might be able to compare this installation with a working installation to figure out what the problem is. Anything you can suggest might be enough to get me on the right track to solving this problem.

thanks m

• Offizieller Beitrag

When you upload the omv-extras plugin, does it show up on the list?

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.7

• Offizieller Beitrag

All it does is add repository file and add a key using apt-key. Not sure why it wouldn't work with armel.

• What I found out is, that in the first plugin omvengined recieves if any 3rd-party plugin is installed is always missing the longdescription. Can that be the clue? :?:

autoshutdown and omvextras is installed. autoshutdown is the first plugin listed:

Code
    {"name":"openmediavault-autoshutdown","description":"OpenMediaVault AutoShutdown Plugin","installed":true,"_readOnly":false,"package":"openmediavault-autoshutdown","priority":"optional","section":"net","installedsize":"300","maintainer":"Aaron Murray <aaron@omv-extras.org>","architecture":"all","version":"0.5.8","depends":"openmediavault (>= 0.5), fping","filename":".\/openmediavault-autoshutdown_0.5.8_all.deb","size":"29810","md5sum":"fbed638946b9f1e561804a7d319861e9","sha1":"2c73372990912f8141c6327ba65f63502312c2e5","sha256":"6573376f6075c13b76875f1e588923979464919e5c851c1a4fc25eff3fbe1564","homepage":"http:\/\/omv-extras.org\n","repository":"localhost"},
    {"name":"openmediavault-omvextrasorg","description":"OMV-Extras.org Package Repositories for OpenMediaVault","installed":false,"_readOnly":true,"package":"openmediavault-omvextrasorg","version":"0.5.6","architecture":"all","maintainer":"Aaron Murray <aaron@omv-extras.org>","installedsize":"140","depends":"openmediavault (>= 0.5)","homepage":"http:\/\/omv-extras.org\/","priority":"optional","section":"misc","filename":"pool\/main\/o\/openmediavault-omvextrasorg\/openmediavault-omvextrasorg_0.5.6_all.deb","size":"11558","sha256":"95395bea3e311f59d0a939ce3717a707875800aa3c4fe4fb1bf5e82b4d4befb3","sha1":"fa287a56c6f192e3712a2c8ca46798bc1c937b63","md5sum":"f8e98a10ca6f2166169b0b0a49a7155e","longdescription":"\n","repository":"omv-extras.org:packages.omv-extras.org"}, ...

:arrow: no longdescription in autoshutdown, but in omvextras

autoshutdown not installed, but omvextras is. omvextras is the first plugin listed

Code
    {"name":"openmediavault-omvextrasorg","description":"OMV-Extras.org Package Repositories for OpenMediaVault","installed":false,"_readOnly":true,"package":"openmediavault-omvextrasorg","priority":"optional","section":"misc","installedsize":"140","maintainer":"Aaron Murray <aaron@omv-extras.org>","architecture":"all","version":"0.5.6","depends":"openmediavault (>= 0.5)","filename":".\/openmediavault-omvextrasorg_0.5.6_all.deb","size":"11558","md5sum":"f8e98a10ca6f2166169b0b0a49a7155e","sha1":"fa287a56c6f192e3712a2c8ca46798bc1c937b63","sha256":"95395bea3e311f59d0a939ce3717a707875800aa3c4fe4fb1bf5e82b4d4befb3","homepage":"http:\/\/omv-extras.org\/\n","repository":"localhost"},

:arrow: no longdescription in omvextras

both autoshutdown and omvextra are not installed. ClamAV is the first plugin listed

Code
    {"name":"openmediavault-clamav","description":"OpenMediaVault ClamAV plugin","installed":false,"_readOnly":true,"package":"openmediavault-clamav","version":"0.5.6","architecture":"all","maintainer":"Volker Theile <volker.theile@openmediavault.org>","installedsize":"354","depends":"openmediavault (>= 0.5.7), clamav-daemon, clamav-freshclam","homepage":"http:\/\/www.openmediavault.org","priority":"optional","section":"net","filename":"pool\/main\/o\/openmediavault-clamav\/openmediavault-clamav_0.5.6_all.deb","size":"38498","sha256":"ca08e7659a04a4e85f023cc1ff2779bad5aa177b3f48a702a3ab5637d35ada42","sha1":"b68b1fc5ccf78f8c22fddb7499362ec1b0cf66fc","md5sum":"0dc82026159ff44889d2804554786f61","longdescription":"Clam AntiVirus is an anti-virus toolkit for Unix.\n\n","repository":"OpenMediaVault.org archive:sardaukar"}, ...

:arrow: There is a longdescription :shock:
    Hopefully I found out, whats causing the failure :?

• Maybe they are missing. what is the repository filename and the key?
    this is what i get back with i list the keys

• If you compare the code above, for omvextras there is a longdescription only at the 1st codeblock, at the 2nd longdescription is missing. Between the two I only uninstalled autoshutdown. So it is in the file (deb), but missing in the omvengined-output

• Offizieller Beitrag

What doesn't make sense is why your system (and a couple others) would need the long description and cause the error when it is not there.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Not sure about a bug but it is driving me nuts. Four of the 3rd party plugins (minidlna, transmissionbt, supportinfo, rsnapshot) have long descriptions. The other ones don't have a long description because I wasn't creative enough to come up with one :lol:

• Haha... now its the time to come up with one! :lol:

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Offizieller Beitrag
    Zitat von "davidh2k"

Haha... now its the time to come up with one!

I was just starting to do exactly that when I realized Solo and I were working on different branches of the autoshutdown plugin :)

• Edit: Thought I had fixed it by removing the plugin (listed as 0.5.2 I believe to recall), and installing 0.5.6 by downloading/uploading.

It worked once, I could see the list and omv plugin installed. Then checked for new plugins and the error returned... It even stayed when I removed the omvextras .list file. I had to remove the openmediavault-local.list file too. Looked at what that pointed to: /var/cache/openmediavault/archives. There were 2 .deb files for omvextras (0.5.2 and 0.5.6) removed both, re-added the openmediavault-local.list and that kept working. Now re-installed omvextras again by uploading 0.5.6 again. Renew showed it on the list. installed it. refreshed the pages (seeing The OMV-Extras.org plugin is installed link is added to the menu). Go to plugins (see the list). Click check to check for new plugins, and get the error again...

I heve now removed the omvextras.org plugin and everything wordks fine. Guess I'll have to do without it...

PS: I only have OMV with all updates and these extra's:
    - LMV
    - OMV extras <- not anymore... :shock:

Via CLI:
    - Sabnzbd
    - Sickbeard

• Offizieller Beitrag

I created a test omvextrasorg plugin without the web interface. I am very curious if this will cause the same problems. Care to test? Get it here

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!