First post here.
I am thinking of moving from FreeNas, and OMV with SnapRaid and MergerFS looks like a decent replacement.
So I took one of my spare boxes to test it.
I burned a CDrom and with 4.1.22 image have experienced a few issues.
1. File system creation is failing at various points with formatting and mounting, but ctrl-f2 and CLI worked with that, to pass that point
2. When it starts updating the packages at 85% it gets stuck and stays like that for hours until I turn the box off
OMV 5.0.1 Beta - Kernel Panic, Live option gets stuck on cyan square
1. file "install/gtk/vmlinuz" not found, you need to load the kernel first
2. Advanced options install in text mode - Kernel panic - not syncing; attempted to kill the idle task !
1. Installed with not much issues, legacy mode
2. Start, got all the updates, reboot, Kernel Panic as with 5.0.1
3. Rebooted, used Kernel 4.14 BPO - works
Downloaded Debian Buster, both with kernel panic, downloaded latest Mint 19.2 Cinnamon, no issues with live
The systems machines that I am using to test are:
HP Pro 6305 - AMD A8-5500B, from 12Gb to 32Gb RAM, OCZ SSD 120GB
So, as it seems, there is an issue with Linux Kernel 4.19 BPO. Downloading Debian Stretch 9.90 to test now...
Any ideas what has been done in Linux Kernel 4.19 BPO ?