[SOLVED] FTP cancels download

• Zitat von "Ego"

you should think about, to build your own router with high performing hardware.
    could be cheaper, as a new router every 1,5 years :lol:

My router is about 4 years old now.

David
    kennst du dich mit den AVM FritzBox routern aus ?
    Sidn die zu empfelen ?

Es gibt solche und solche Meinungen zu den Fritz!Boxen, ich bin ganz zufrieden mit denen.

Gruß
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Not sure why you deleted it... I recommended a router (load balancing router) not a switch...

I would still look into a TP-LINK TL-R470T+ if you don't need wireless. I have one and it is a wonderful router.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Most people don't have a connection faster than 100 mb and there were existing switches. So, I thought the router port speed was irrelevant. Your option is probably better but I own the slower product and can vouch for it.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Offizieller Beitrag

I've never been a big fan of the combined units. I think separate modem and router is a much more reliable combo.

• Maybe you're right, but a combined combo does consum much less power.

I have a Fritz!Box from AVM which includes a cable modem. (I have cable internet)

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

• Offizieller Beitrag
    Zitat von "davidh2k"

Maybe you're right, but a combined combo does consum much less power.

My cable modem and router together use 3 W. How much less could a combined unit use? :)

• 3 Watts for two devices? Pics or it did not happen...

Sure, you're not talking about the power consumption of your raspi right now?

Greetings
    David

• Offizieller Beitrag

You might be partly right. That was my router and dsl modem. I am back on cable now. So, I'm not sure what the cable modem draws (Motorola SB6120). My wife is in the middle of something. So, this is just the router. I will get both a little later. According to google, the cable modem is 4 or 5 watts.

• for me the solution with 2 devices would be ok.
    We are all running a NAS ore SERVER 24/7. And they need more then 9 Watt in idle. ;)
    So i think 2 watt more ore less should be ok for the router/modem combination.

So the TP-link seems to be the favorit for me, but i found an other one from Cisco and LANCOM.
    hmmm i'll have a lock for an VDSL2 Modem,
    If i find one the 2 devices solution, is ok for me.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Just for reference, my TP-Link uses 2.1 watts at idle. The Asus RT-N12 uses 1.3 watts with light use.

• I don't what you're dooing but my NAS doesn't run 24/7.

Aaron, my Fritz!Box is about 38% load (over all services) and has a TDP from 18watts so I guess it uses about 7watts...

Greetings
    David

• David
    hmmmm my server is always on. Thats the sence of a server for me.
    That i can use the DLNA, FTP, SMB share, whenever i want and where i want.
    Only the HDD's are going to spin down.

• @tekkbebe
    So i dindn't find more news about my router.
    The solution will be to order a new one.
    But i think i'll by an 2 seperated devices. (allnet modem and router)

• Ok, here is your main problem. You are using passive ftp. You need to setup connection tracking for the ftp passive to work correctly.

/etc/modprobe.d/options.conf

options nf_conntrack_ftp ports=21,13000

(where 13000 would be the passive port you are using. usually with passive ports you setup a range. i tried using 13000-13010 but it did not work. i found that you can enter multiple ports like this nf_conntrack_ftp ports 21,13000,13001,13002 but it seems there should be a way to enter a range. Whatever ports you choose for your passive ports need to be entered in the proftpd.conf via the plugin settings. If the nf_conntrack_ftp is working correctly you do not need to open the passive ports on the firewall. The firewall will handle traffic to those ports.)

Then add this line in this file /etc/modules

nf_conntrack_ftp

then you have to reboot

• Hey Thank's !!!

But I'll wait till tomorrow evening with this setup.
    This evening we are testing the FTP with 5x 25GB files.
    And till now, it works great. All files are downloading simultanly and 2 smaler uploads are also in progress.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!