Having a real hard time getting Virtualbox Plug-in to work... Anyone else have these issues?

• So I have just spent some funds to get my OMV based Plex/NAS server upgraded. I just upgraded from an old Intel X5460 quad core with 4GB of RAM to a Ryzen 2600x on an ASUS mobo with 16GB DDR4 3200MHz. Having done this, I wanted to start playing with the VirtualBox plugin as there has always been a few other things I wanted to configure.

To start off, I have installed, uninstalled, purged, re-installed manually, via plugin, etc for hours. I have created a shared folder giving vbox and vboxusers full R/W privileges to on one of my 3 3TB HDD's. I have added that folder in the SMB shares and can access it from my main PC to see the VM files populate as I create a new machine. I have turned on the virtualization settings in my mobos BIOS. But no matter what, the same thing happens.

I end up getting into phpVirtualBox, and I am fully able to do the steps shown in any YouTube video about setting up a VM, regardless of having had plenty of experience with VM's, but only on windows. The problem is when I go to load the virtual optical drive with an ISO. And it doesn't matter what type of OS I am going to install, I'll set up my machine as shown in the picture, but once I go to LOAD ANYTHING, I never get folder or files to show up, just the screen shown in the second picture. I've been pulling my hair out all day, but I cannot for the life of my figure out how to get to SHOW MY FILES AND FOLDERS so I can go and select the .iso.

Please, please, if any of you have an idea on how I can get this fixed, I would be ever so grateful...

Corey

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!