Web GUI Failing After Update

• Hi all

I updated to 0.5.14 yesterday and receive a blank page after logging into the webgui.
    The following file is getting a 404:

Code
    Panel.js?_dc=1382133490282  /OMV/workspace/pane

It looks to be called by:

Code
    ext-all.js:21

I have checked in:

Code
    /var/www/openmediavault/js/omv/workspace/panel

The file Panel.js exists.

Any ideas?

• Thank you tekkbebe.
    Disk information:

Code
    Filesystem            Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
    /dev/sde1             282G  1.3G  266G   1% /
    tmpfs                 3.9G     0  3.9G   0% /lib/init/rw
    udev                  3.9G  144K  3.9G   1% /dev
    tmpfs                 3.9G     0  3.9G   0% /dev/shm
    tmpfs                 3.9G  4.0K  3.9G   1% /tmp
    /dev/mapper/storage-storage
                          5.4T  1.6T  3.6T  30% /media/07e1df0b-9ce5-4b70-8c12-5d31fb83623d

Groups:

Code
    openmediavault : openmediavault
  • Code
    ls -la /var/www/openmediavault/

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Code
    dpkg -l | grep openmediavault

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

• Code
    ii  openmediavault                      0.5.15                       Open network attached storage solution
    ii  openmediavault-clamav               0.5.6                        OpenMediaVault ClamAV plugin
    ii  openmediavault-keyring              0.2                          GnuPG archive keys of the OpenMediaVault archive
    ii  openmediavault-lvm2                 0.5.2                        OpenMediaVault Logical Volume Manager (LVM2) plugin
    ii  openmediavault-netatalk             0.5.4                        OpenMediaVault netatalk (AppleTalk Protocol Suite) plugin
    ii  openmediavault-omvextrasorg         0.5.15                       OMV-Extras.org Package Repositories for OpenMediaVault
  • Did you try to clear your browser cache and/or try another browser to open the webinterface?

Greetings
    David

• Sorry, then I don't know where to look at the moment, anything here looks fine, but I think tekkbebe will have a look again at it later.

Greetings
    David

• It would be better if you posted the complete log from web development tools from your browser instead, two out of context rows doesn't really tell us that much.

/OMV/workspace/panel/Panel.js doesn't exist, but /js/omv/workspace/panel/Panel.js does. This probably means that some file is missing a require since it is falling back on extjs require methods.

• The only entry in the console log of Chrome is as follows:

What other information can I provide to assist?

• Hm, well that didn't give much of a lead on which file it could be :) can you try other browsers and check the logs there, (e.g firebug)?

Do you know if it only was openmediavault that was updated at that time, or was there any plugins updated too? If that's the case you could try manually removing (not purging since that will remove your settings) those one by one and see if that narrows it down.

• Other browsers including Firebug for FF weren't giving me any more useful information.
    Its a bare metal install. This was a new build after my 'proof of concept' install of OMV ended up becoming permanent because I'm lazy. :lol:
    Anyway the OS disk was failing so I bought some new kit and hadn't realised the OMV I'd downloaded was the new version (which doesn't yet have SQL plugin).
    Therefore I'm going to download the older version and take it from there.

Thanks for all your help, it's appreciated.

• FYI, since this is a bare metal install your openmediavault user also needs to be part of the the sudo and shadow groups. This is most likely what your problem was as you posted this for the output of: groups openmediavault

Code
    openmediavault : openmediavault

should be like so:

Code
    Last login: Tue Oct 22 23:01:24 2013 from pc
    root@omv:~# groups openmediavault
    openmediavault : openmediavault sudo shadow
    root@omv:~#
  • Thanks tekkbebe - I'll remember this for future reference. I guess something I installed must of modified the group membership at some point as it was previously working.
    I'm back on 0.4 now but will migrate when all plugins are available.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!