letsencrypt timeout during connect

• I'm at my end with letsencrypt. I really want this to work, but just can't get it to connect ("Timeout during connect (likely firewall problem)"), and I don't know what else I can do. I'd really appreciate any help.

Here's the configuration:

- The domain name (johnzilliox.com) is registered with Namecheap.com. The A record is assigned to my IP address.
    - The router has port forwarding configured for 80 and 443 to the OMV server.
    - When I change the OMV web UI to port 80 or 443, it's externally accessible at johnzilliox.com:80 and johnzilliox.com:443
    - Because of the problem with selecting a network, I'm creating the container from CLI:
    TDL Let's Encrypt tutorial --network error
    I can't use personal network on webGUI (--network my-net)
    - Here are the commands I'm using to create the container:

- Here's the output from the log:

To me, the fact that I can reach OMV when its on 80 and 443 means that it shouldn't be a communication issue between letsencrypt and the server. Again, I'd really appreciate any kind of help here. Thanks

• The only thing in the config which I'm not sure about is the config folder of your container. Maybe try a foldername without a space or '. Maybe just letsencrpt. Some people also said they had problem with using the sharedfolder-path and recommend using the /srv/dev-disk-by-label-diskname/.

To further troubleshoot you could try out another dns-service (e.g. duckdns) to narrow down if its some problem with your dns service.

• The only thing in the config which I'm not sure about is the config folder of your container. Maybe try a foldername without a space or '. Maybe just letsencrpt. Some people also said they had problem with using the sharedfolder-path and recommend using the /srv/dev-disk-by-label-diskname/.

Good idea, but that didn't change anything. I changed the data directory path to '/srv/dev-disk-by-label-SSD03/containers/letsencrypt'. Even when it was "Let\'s\ Encrypt", the app was able to write to the directory. It was worth a shot though, thanks.

I believe I'm using the default ISP DNS (RCN). I'll try changing that next - don't have any other ideas of what could be the issue.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!