Omv 0.5 Install cd bug : can't properly format drive

• I have been through some adventure trying to make a ibm serveraid m1015 work.
    Tought it was possible without flashing the card but in the end it was the only thing i could do.
    In the process of trying i put debian testing(ext4) on the disk.

Now I tried to install omv on that disk.
    Got messages about installing to an "unclean" disk but nothing i could do about it.
    I got no visual confirmation omv handled this properly => formating the disk.
    Also the partinioning did not work => impossible to do it manualy.
    Actualy its some kind of loop and in the end all one can do is to install on this "unclean" disk.

Few years ago we builded a debian based distro too and also found out that once you start on the installer weird things can happen :D

• Thats because the OMV installer doesn't give you access to the partitioning process, even if trying to select it manually. However, it should format your whole hard disk, while installing. If the installation stucks on this step then you maybe need to wipe your hard disk with a livecd or something like that.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• I know, its just annoying ;)

Edit : formatted and deleted partition, now omv does not complain anymore but at 80+% the loop starts again.
    running debian now.

FYI this is the loop :
    (first time it does not complain about the unclean disk, it just pops out to the scrambled installer screen.)

oh well fu tinypic lol. perfect illustration of how well my life goes at the moment.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!