To Upgrade or Clean install 0.5

• Hi all,

I have a question for all those intrepid souls who have upgraded there existing 0.4 OMV to 0.5 OMV

If you had to do it again, would You?

Or would a clean install be the better option.

Regards

Michael

• I think you should base the decision on which plugins you are using. The next version .6 OMV will probably be out within 4 months. The clean install decision should be dependent on what you have going on with you machine as well. If you want some advice give us more info. on what you have running on your OMV.

• "Wenn du dein Leben noch einmal Leben könntest, würdest du alles genauso machen?" "Nein, ich würde von Anfang an meine Brillen bei Fielmann kaufen."

As tekkbebe said, it really depends on what you're using on your system.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Touché tekkbebe...

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Actually I wear glasses as well, not sure if that makes a difference ;)

On my current install I have the following;

Transmission plugin
    AntiVirus
    Printing
    VirtualBox
    USB Backup ( been meaning to get it running, but there is always something else needing to be done )

I am also running Plex.

At present it works well, how does the saying go, if it aint broke dont fix it ?

Then again thats part of the pain.... err Fun :)

I have setup a virtual 0.5 well done for the plugins you have re-worked.

The only one I'll miss is the printing ( Cups )

Thanks

Michael

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!