How to install BOINC properly?

• Hi everyone -

Prrrrobbbably a simple answer but I am having trouble installing BOINC under Docker in OMV.

I keep getting 'standard_init_linux.go:211: exec user process caused "exec format error"' when I run the Docker, and it constantly restarts.

Using this link https://hub.docker.com/r/boinc…-savvy-boinc-client-usage
    which seems to say you would use the following docker commands (in a non-OMV environment):

docker run -d \
    --name boinc \
    --net=host \
    --pid=host \
    -v /opt/appdata/boinc:/var/lib/boinc \
    -e BOINC_GUI_RPC_PASSWORD="123" \
    -e BOINC_CMD_LINE_OPTIONS="--allow_remote_gui_rpc" \
    boinc/client:arm64v8

A few questions though--
    1.Name, net are straightforward (blank space to type name, and dropdown for Net)
    2.PID? Where do I put that in, and what do I use? Is that PGID?
    3.The -v line, do those contents go on the left and right columns in the Volume section of OMV Docker?
    4The BOINC_GUI and BOINC_CMD_LINE lines are already filled in by the OMV Docker container
    boinc/client, do I put that into the "tags" section of my Pull request?

?(

Thanks for any info, I am looking forward to getting this working as my OMV server is on 24x7 and if I can help out the SETI community by contributing processing cycles, happy to do so.

Have a great day!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Exec format error makes me suspect that you try to use a docker meant for another type of CPU than the one your NAS use. For instance you might use a ARM64V8 docker on a ARM32V7 device.

Be smart - be lazy. Clone your rootfs.
    OMV 5: 9 x Odroid HC2 + 1 x Odroid HC1 + 1 x Raspberry Pi 4

• Adoby - thank you! Yep that was it. I totally didn't know oDroid XU4 was 32-bit instead of 64-bit. Not that it matters overall, I suppose. But I was loading the 64-bit ARM version in Docker as opposed to 32-bit. WHY the Docker "automatic" mode didn't pick 32-bit, I don't know. But after making that change, it fired right up and my oDroid is happily contributing to finding E.T. :D

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!