SSH Login denied

• Hello everyone,

I've installed OMV5 on my RPI4 with the Script that @ryecoaaron recomended to me.

After everything was running I tried to logged into the pi user during a installation of plex (docker). But the login was denied.

Then I add a new user with the groups "user, sudo and ssh" but now I have the following problem:

Normaly I see there "pi@NAS:~ $ but it isn't is this wrong? Did I do something wrong?

Thanks for your help guys!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Normaly I see there "pi@NAS:~ $ but it isn't is this wrong? Did I do something wrong?

Your prompt is changed. That doesn't mean anything. And yes, please stop using the pi user. Create your own user in the OMV web interface and add it to the sudo and ssh groups.

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Your prompt is changed. That doesn't mean anything. And yes, please stop using the pi user. Create your own user in the OMV web interface and add it to the sudo and ssh groups.

I deleted the pi user from the user tab and add user pi again. Should I delete the pi user or can repair this?

Should I use the same user as for SMB/FTP shares or should I add a new one only for SSH?

• Offizieller Beitrag

I deleted the pi user from the user tab

That is why your prompt changed.

add user pi again

Why?

Should I delete the pi user

Yes

can repair this?

I don't think anything is broken other than the pi user which I recommend not using (even if recreated).

Should I use the same user as for SMB/FTP shares or should I add a new one only for SSH?

Up to you.

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!