plugins update fail

• hey guys,

i get this error massage while i try to update plugins.
    i am running 0.5.21 omv. can you please help me?

thanks a lot
    franz

Failed to execute command 'export LANG=C; apt-get --simulate --reinstall install openmediavault-forkeddaapd 2>&1': Reading package lists... Building dependency tree... Reading state information... Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable distribution that some required packages have not yet been created or been moved out of Incoming. The following information may help to resolve the situation: The following packages have unmet dependencies: openmediavault-forkeddaapd : Depends: forked-daapd but it is not going to be installed E: Broken packages

Fehler #4000: exception 'OMVException' with message 'Failed to execute command 'export LANG=C; apt-get --simulate --reinstall install openmediavault-forkeddaapd 2>&1': Reading package lists... Building dependency tree... Reading state information... Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable distribution that some required packages have not yet been created or been moved out of Incoming. The following information may help to resolve the situation: The following packages have unmet dependencies: openmediavault-forkeddaapd : Depends: forked-daapd but it is not going to be installed E: Broken packages' in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/pluginmgmt.inc:153 Stack trace: #0 [internal function]: OMVRpcServicePluginMgmt->getList(Array, Array) #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(62): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('getList', Array, Array) #3 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(495): OMVRpc::exec('Plugin', 'getList', Array, Array, 1) #4 {main}

• Offizieller Beitrag

What is the output as root:

dpkg -l | grep glibc

omv 7.1.0-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.7

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Hey Guys I am experiencing SIMILAR error however on (Fedaykin 4.0..) should I start new thread or remain here.

Failed to execute command 'export LANG=C;sudo dpkg-query --list 'openmediavault-*'':

Error #4000:
    exception 'OMVException' with message 'Failed to execute command 'export LANG=C;sudo dpkg-query --list 'openmediavault-*'': ' in /var/www/openmediavault/rpc/plugin.inc:186
    Stack trace:
    #0 [internal function]: PluginRpc->getList(Array)
    #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(265): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(98): OMVRpc::exec('Plugin', 'getList', Array)
    #3 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc.php(44): OMVJsonRpcServer->handle()
    #4 {main}

My Setup
    OMV Version 0.4.36 Fedaykin on a PC with
    Software Raid

• Hi ryecoaaron

Putty Output
    root@OMV:~# dpkg -l | grep glibc
    dpkg-query: cannot scan updates directory `/var/lib/dpkg/updates/': No such file or directory
    root@OMV:~#

However I see the said directory in WinSCP with permissions 755

My Setup
    Software Raid

• No I am running on an internal Seagate hard disk. Is my error similar and should I keep responding on this thread or would you like me start a new one?

My Setup
    Software Raid

• @tekkbebe

no i am using a hardirve. i know that you should not use an usb stick.
    till yesterday everthing worked.
    and now the system is not stable anymore.

the normal update is also not working.

btw. a friend is traveling to michigan. to lake orion.

• Offizieller Beitrag
    Zitat von "renovatio"

output is nothing, no list or error.

Sorry, I meant

dpkg -l | grep libc6

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.7

• Here you go tekkbebe,

PuTTY output

root@OMV:~# dpkg -l | grep openmediavault
    dpkg-query: cannot scan updates directory `/var/lib/dpkg/updates/': No such file or directory
    However the directory is available and visible in WinSCP with permission 775

My Setup
    Software Raid

• Offizieller Beitrag

Last time I ran into this, libc6-2.13 was installed instead of libc6-2.11.

• To: ryeco
    --------------------------
    PuTTY Output
    root@OMV:~# dpkg -l | grep libc6
    ----------------------------
    The said directory is available and viewable in WinSCP with permissions 755

My Setup
    Software Raid

• @harpo, did you run memtest on your machine before you installed OMV? There is really crazy stuff going on with your machine.

I would download an ISO here and then burn to disk. Then boot to it and let memtest run through a couple passes. You are having to many issues in different areas of your system drive. It seems like something else is at issue.

http://memtest.org/

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is /var/lib/dpkg 0755 as well?

• Is bad, it's like memory errors or something. That is why I asked about if you used a usb drive. You may have a bad memory stick in your machine though. I would run memtest and report back like you said.

If memtest runs with no errors then we have to look at maybe testing the hard drive. It's not fun but you have to start at the bottom and work your way up to find out what is going on.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!