[RESOLVED] How can I generate a UUID for a network card?

• Hello!

I have switched from a PCIe network card back to my motherboard's builtin one, and now the OMV graphs still show eth1 instead of the graphs for eth0 (which I'm using now).

I looked at the config.xml file, and I tried changing the only occurrence of eth1 to eth0, and that makes eth0 show up on the "status" section of OMV's UI, but I just get a graph bar image with a sad looking smiley over them... is this because I need a matching UUID on the XML for eth0? If so, how can I determine it?

Thanks for any help!

• Offizieller Beitrag

I would delete the entries in /etc/udev/rules.d/7-persistent-net.rules. That will make the motherboard adapter become eth0 (as long as you removed the PCIe card). You may need to run omv-firstaid if can't access the web interface due to a changed IP address.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4 | scripts 7.0.1

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Run omv-firstaid from the command line.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4 | scripts 7.0.1

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!