OMV and Unionfs - only one harddisk "used"

• Hi,

I have a problem with OMV and the Uniofs.
    I mounted 2 disks (2x8TB) with unionfs (Data/) and shared a folder on it (Data/Media/) via Samba.

In OMV and another PC the whole space is recognized (16TB). Now i coped data on it via smb and one disk is full completly (less than 4GB).

When i try to copy more data i get the error that the disk is full and no free space is available. However, one of the disk is completly free, which is also shown in OMV (50% free) and Windows (8 TB).

What could be the problem here?

Thanks alot for your help,

Markus

• Hi,

the option are:

existing path, most free space
    defaults,allow_other,cache.files=off,use_ino

I changed it (most free space and 200G) and yes, it works now :D Thanks alot

What does that exisiting path option mean?

Best

Edit: I googled it: A path preserving policy will only consider drives where the relative path being accessed already exists.

Does that mean that it didnt work because there was no "Media" (shared) folder on the second disk?

• Offizieller Beitrag

What does that exisiting path option mean?

This link to github should help, if you use Existing path then the 'path' will need to be on each drive in the pool, so if you have a Movie folder then that folder will need to be on both drives. As you're on OMV5 there are now 2 versions of the plugin, one that will allow you pool folders and the other creates a single mount/pool.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!