How to configure Postfix to not relay certain emails

• Hi,

new OMV user here. I have successfully built and configured a DIY NAS server and email notifications work so far.

However, I would like to configure Postfix so that emails to a certain local user are not relayed to the external SMTP server but only delivered to a local user (I really only want to execute a script in /usr/share/openmediavault/notification/sink.d/). This works when I insert a local domain as "mydestination" in the postfix/main.cf file but I cannot seem to make this permanent as that file is overwritten by OMV when the notification configuration changes. The last post in this thread explains a way to insert custom parameters but my attempt at guessing that

OMV_POSTFIX_MYDESTINATION="mylocaldomain" in /etc/default/openmediavault

would insert this didn't work. Also, the mentioned /usr/share/openmediavault/mkconf/ directory does not exist anymore, this seems to have changed. What can I do to change configuration of these parameters?

(What I want to achieve is this: I have a printer/scanner combination that can send emails with scanned documents as attachment, but only to an MTA that requires no authentication. I would like to use the Postfix on my OMV machine to receive those emails and save the attachments in a shared directory using something like ripMIME. I would like to avoid setting up a second Postfix for this.)

Thanks,

Mirko

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!