File manager choking on NFS share writes (Manjaro)

• This has been a minor annoyance for a bit but since I've been moving larger files lately it's become a bigger deal. While writing files to my NFS share the file manager (Dolphin on Manjaro KDE) becomes pretty unresponsive while the transfer is occurring. Looking at my fstab file I noticed that I am using the "async" option, I can't recall why but I had a feeling it had to do with transfer speed. I set the mount option back to sync and Dolphin no longer slows down at all, but transfers are down from ~140MiB/s to ~35MiB/s.

I don't have a problem with the asynchronous transfers, I've never really seen any file corruption and the server is battery backed. It is however an issue for the transfers to slow down to 35MiB/s and obviously Dolphin practically freezing during transfers is also a problem. Any ideas on what I can try to get around either of these issues?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!