[HOWTO] install mldonkey on OMV5 using portainer WEBGUI

• Some history:

This is a new HOWTO evolved from my last howto install mldonkey for OMV4:

Please read it for curiosity.

Initial steps; You need to create/have a user/group to use in dockers (please do not use root).

I create user : dockeruser with PUID=1001

6.jpg

and a group called Dockergroup with PGID=1000

7_autoscaled.jpg

then you need to open your portainer ( you need to install it previosly)

1_autoscaled.jpg

2.jpg

Now is time to edit my mldonkey.compose file:

You need to change PUID & PGID acording your previously created user & group.

You need to change volumes acording your needs;

my Full path is /srv/dev-disk-by-label-DATA/Varios/dockers/mldonkey that is when I want to store my mldonkey config files

and define your completed folder to a shared folders that you can see by SAMBA in my case : /srv/dev-disk-by-label-DATA/Varios/Completed

Note: /srv/dev-disk-by-label-DATA/Varios/ must exist, and Completed can be created by mldonkey docker

Note2: /srv/dev-disk-by-label-DATA/Varios/dockers/ must exist, and "mldonkey"can be created by mldonkey docker

then you need to copy your edited file to portainer like this:

4_autoscaled.jpg

Please do not add TZ=Europe/Madrid this was my fault and mldonkey fails if you add it ( my mldonkey.compose file do not have it).

24/04/2020 after more testing , if posible to add - TZ=Europe/Madrid # Your Time Zone Here

and you are ready to deploy.

4.new_autoscaled.jpg

push the lower button to deploy stack and finally you have a working mldonkey :

8_autoscaled.jpg

9_autoscaled.jpg

After that my recomendation is to change default password for user "admin" in mldonkey WebGUI.

Note 3 line

Code
    - "192.168.1.104:4080:4080"

192.168.1.04 is my NAS IP, use yours NAS IP, this have the advantage that you can push 4080 in the portainer webGUI and Open the url: http://192.168.1.104:4080 that is what you want.

If you use 4080:4080 and do no put your NAS IP, when you push 4080 in the portainer WebGUI, the URL must be http://0.0.0.0:4080 that show nothing.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!