Preparation --> follow the preparation steps in this [How-To]
- mkdir /home/docker1 create a folder for user docker1 in home directory (if not already done)
- mkdir /home/docker1/plex create a folder where we will put the docker-compose.yml file to setup watchtower
- cd /home/docker1/plex change in that directory
- nano docker-compose.yml create an empty file and start the editor
- copy the content of the Source Code box below in the editor, change according your setup and save the file with Ctrl+X and y; name must be "docker-compose.yml
- to copy the content of the Source Code box use the small icon in the top right corner of the box ("Copy Contents")
- after you saved the file, run docker-compose up -d in the directory where the docker-compose.yml file is located; this will download the needed image and start the container; the correct image for your architecture (amd64, arm, etc.) should be pulled
You can also run the docker-compose file in Portainer without using the CLI:[How-To] Use docker-compose files in Portainer
For further details: https://hub.docker.com/r/linuxserver/plex
If you are having issues like finding your media data inside plex, check this post from gderf: RE: Plex Docker rights
The container is running as the user specified by PUID and PGID. This user must have appropriate ownership and permission for the media files.
"/transcode" volume mapping has been removed as it is now set via plex gui and defaults to a location under
- Webui can be found at your-ip:32400/web
- Updates will be performed when the docker is restarted.