[Solved?]Newbie OMV install. No hostname, can't update, can't install omv-extras.

• Installed OMV on a surplus server (Tyan 5512 in a SC836 case). What I can do is login through the web portal, and Putty. I've assigned this machine an IP in the router so DHCP, static doesn't matter.

What I can't do is install omv-extras with the command in CLI, can't install through gui (I've uploaded, but it won't install), I can't update OMV. I can ping IPs, e.g. 1.1.1.1, but not site like google.com. I have tried many different combos in Interfaces through the gui as well as omv-firstaid.

I've set the interface to static, my router ip (then my Pi-hole just because), dns as 1.1.1.1 or 8.8.8.8 I've just about ran out of ideas guys.

Edit- While waiting for replies and poking around I said screw it and reinstalled. Before I skipped the network setup, but this time, since I knew which nic to choose(board has two gigabit nics), I chose the right nic, and due to me having the router setup from the previous install to give the server an IP, everything installed fine. I updated everything, got plugins to update and install and am working on re-doing the settings. I hope this fixed it and this helps someone else.

• chrispy_chuck

Hat den Titel des Themas von „Newbie OMV install. No hostname, can't update, can't install omv-extras.“ zu „[Solved?]Newbie OMV install. No hostname, can't update, can't install omv-extras.“ geändert.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!