Can not change network interfaces

• Hi

Just starting with OMV fresh install on raspberry pi 4

just trying to setup but cannot change network interface

Getting the following message , when trying to make changes .

Thanks for any assistance

Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; omv-salt deploy run systemd-networkd 2>&1' with exit code '1': /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/salt/utils/path.py:265: DeprecationWarning: Using or importing the ABCs from 'collections' instead of from 'collections.abc' is deprecated, and in 3.8 it will stop working if not isinstance(exes, collections.Iterable): raspberrypi: ---------- ID: configure_etc_network_interfaces Function: file.managed Name: /etc/network/interfaces Result: True Comment: File /etc/network/interfaces updated Started: 14:18:23.222070 Duration: 66.574 ms Changes: ---------- diff: --- +++ @@ -1,7 +1,8 @@ +# This file is auto-generated by openmediavault (https://www.openmediavault.org) +# WARNING: Do not edit this file, your changes will get lost. + # interfaces(5) file used by ifup(8) and ifdown(8) - -# Please note that this file is written to be used with dhcpcd -# For static IP, consult /etc/dhcpcd.conf and 'man dhcpcd.conf' +# Better use netplan.io or systemd-networkd to configure additional interface stanzas. # Include files from /etc/network/interfaces.d: source-directory /etc/network/interfaces.d ---------- ID: remove_systemd_networkd_config_files Function: module.run Result: True Comment: file.find: [] Started: 14:18:23.290167 Duration: 2.042 ms Changes: ---------- file.find: ---------- ID: remove_empty_systemd_networkd_config_files Function: module.run Result: True Comment: file.find: [] Started: 14:18:23.292515 Duration: 1.692 ms Changes: ---------- file.find: ---------- ID: remove_netplan_config_files Function: module.run Result: True Comment: file.find: ['/etc/netplan/10-openmediavault-default.yaml', '/etc/netplan/20-openmediavault-eth0.yaml'] Started: 14:18:23.294504 Duration: 2.251 ms Changes: ---------- file.find: - /etc/netplan/10-openmediavault-default.yaml - /etc/netplan/20-openmediavault-eth0.yaml ---------- ID: configure_netplan_default Function: file.managed Name: /etc/netplan/10-openmediavault-default.yaml Result: True Comment: File /etc/netplan/10-openmediavault-default.yaml updated Started: 14:18:23.297043 Duration: 21.389 ms Changes: ---------- diff: New file mode: 0644 ---------- ID: configure_netplan_ethernet_eth0 Function: file.managed Name: /etc/netplan/20-openmediavault-eth0.yaml Result: True Comment: File /etc/netplan/20-openmediavault-eth0.yaml updated Started: 14:18:23.318762 Duration: 59.29 ms Changes: ---------- diff: New file mode: 0644 ---------- ID: apply_netplan_config Function: cmd.run Name: netplan apply Result: False Comment: Command "netplan apply" run Started: 14:18:23.379774 Duration: 329.149 ms Changes: ---------- pid: 1671 retcode: 1 stderr: Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/sbin/netplan", line 23, in <module> netplan.main() File "/usr/share/netplan/netplan/cli/core.py", line 50, in main self.run_command() File "/usr/share/netplan/netplan/cli/utils.py", line 130, in run_command self.func() File "/usr/share/netplan/netplan/cli/commands/apply.py", line 43, in run self.run_command() File "/usr/share/netplan/netplan/cli/utils.py", line 130, in run_command self.func() File "/usr/share/netplan/netplan/cli/commands/apply.py", line 93, in command_apply stderr=subprocess.DEVNULL) File "/usr/lib/python3.7/subprocess.py", line 347, in check_call raise CalledProcessError(retcode, cmd) subprocess.CalledProcessError: Command '['udevadm', 'test-builtin', 'net_setup_link', '/sys/class/net/lo']' returned non-zero exit status 1. stdout: Summary for raspberrypi ------------ Succeeded: 6 (changed=7) Failed: 1 ------------ Total states run: 7 Total run time: 482.387 ms

• Hi,

I have the kind of issue but with the vethxxx network interfaces created by OMV.

In a few words, everything was running fine until I tried to add the wifi interface in OMV through the WebUI.

I cannot save my network config anymore :(

I have investigated the problem.

It seems like the issue is related to the command :

omv-salt deploy run systemd-networkd

which is executed when I press the "Save configuration" command in OMV.

This command will delete and re-create the netplan configuration files (

/etc/netplan/xx-openmediavault-yyyy.yaml) in /etc/netplan.

The files related to the veth interfaces are (re-)created but WITHOUT the MAC address of the interface.

The file related to eth0 is correct.

Here is an example:

root # cat /etc/netplan/20-openmediavault-veth07287ec.yaml

network:

ethernets:

veth07287ec:

match:

macaddress:

dhcp4: true

dhcp6: false

link-local: []

As you can see the macaddress field is empty and it brakes the "netplan apply" command to update the network configuration.

Here is the output of the command 'omv-salt deploy run systemd-networkd':

-----------------------------------------------------------------

ID: apply_netplan_config

Function: cmd.run

Name: netplan apply

Result: False

Comment: Command "netplan apply" run

Started: 13:33:19.208684

Duration: 394.955 ms

Changes:

----------

pid:

retcode:

stderr:

/etc/netplan/20-openmediavault-veth07287ec.yaml:5:20: Error in network definition: Invalid MAC address '', must be XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX

macaddress:

^

stdout:

I checked on a previous installation of the same config (Hardware and Software) and the various files in /etc/netplan have the field macaddress set with their address.

Now, I don't know how to solve this issue. I guess that the OMV salt configuration should be updated to provide the address of the network interfaces but I don't know how to do it.

Any help would be more than welcomed.

FYI, my config:

- Pi4 4GB,

- Raspian buster

- OMV5

Thx in advance,

• Offizieller Beitrag

I have the kind of issue but with the vethxxx network interfaces created by OMV.

The interfaces I have are eth0 and wlan0 (in the GUI).

Is this a recent build? What version of Raspberry OS did you use? And what build process?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!