OMVExtras Documentation?

• I'm trying to configure OMV5, and in particular OMV-Extras. Is there any documentation on what the options (particularly under general) do?

I only really needed a specific plug in, but I'm wondering why "Backports" was selected automatically as I don't think I need that?

• Offizieller Beitrag

particular OMV-Extras. Is there any documentation on what the options (particularly under general) do?

No, I haven't made documentation because I don't have time and not good at writing noob docs. The forum or this github repo are your best options - https://github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers/docs

But there really isn't much to configure and I thought the comments on the tabs explained enough. The settings tab just enables repos. You most likely will never need the extras or testing repos. I just added them in case they were needed for something.

I only really needed a specific plug in, but I'm wondering why "Backports" was selected automatically as I don't think I need that?

Backports is enabled on OMV by default. I added a checkbox that allows people to disable backports. I'm not sure why you would disable backports but some do. If you don't have a good reason to disable backports, leave them enabled. I do on all of my systems and have for years. Only certain packages are pinned and would be installed anyway.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!