VFS_fruit

• I have a general question regarding the default samba settings in omv5.

I see that if you have at least one share enabled for time machine then

Code
    fruit:aapl = yes 

gets set globally and

Code
    vfs objects =  catia fruit streams_xattr

Gets set only on the time machine share.

The global behavior is as I would expect, but only the time machine share getting the vfs object parameters is counter what I’ve seen from the samba wiki. It recommends to set this on all shares if set on any of them:

Code
    Be careful when mixing shares with and without vfs_fruit. OS X clients negotiate SMB2 AAPL protocol extensions on the first tcon, so mixing shares with and without fruit will globally disable AAPL if the first tcon is without fruit.

Running testparm actually warns about it as well:

Code
    WARNING: some services use vfs_fruit, others don't. Mounting them in conjunction on OS X clients results in undefined behaviour.

Is this being done deliberately, or perhaps an oversight? Any harm in manually setting the vfs objects as suggested in the extra options of the non-time machine shares?

Thanks for taking a look!

• Thanks as always for the great work. Issue created:

https://github.com/openmediavault/openmediavault/issues/727

As a temp fix until this is addressed (as priority dictates, of course) just to add the below to the extra options of every share that isn't a time-machine share?

Code
    fruit:encoding = private
    fruit:locking = none
    fruit:metadata = netatalk
    fruit:resource = file
    vfs objects =  catia fruit streams_xattr

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!