BXN2X Driver and USB setup questions

• Hey everyone,

I am in the process of setting up a Dell R720 server with OMV 5.4. I have done the full install, and it even goes out and gets the updates. But, when I reboot, I am unable to get into the GUI. After many hours, I have come to the conclusion that I need to get the drivers for my NIC which is a BXN2X Broadcom from Dell.

I get the firmware error, which I have as a screenshot in the attachments.

I found the drivers I need and downloaded them. I am stuck on how to get the into the firmware folder on the install USB. I have tried a bunch of different tutorials on how to extract the ISO, add the file, and rebuild it. But it always fails to load the boot part of it and never boots when i try to install.

Is there a way to load the .deb drivers on to a USB, and copy them to the machine, then run them? Or does it have to be done during install?

I have tried running a Debian live and I can view the USB, but can't write to it.

So I am stuck. Any help would be much appreciated-

Thanks!

• You say "it even goes out and gets the updates." How is this possible without a working NIC?

Someone might be able to help you but you have to at least provide a link to the driver file you are trying to deal with.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• You say you are unable to get into the OMV GUI. How did you determine what its IP address is?

Using another computer download that firmware package to a USB drive. Then plug the USB drive into the OMV machine. You will have to read up on your own how to mount the drive in the console. Once it's mounted you can install the package:

sudo dpkg -i full_package_name.deb

--

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• This used to be a freenas box, and PFSense hands out the ip reservations, so I know what the IP was set to before. The Mac hasn’t changed so the IP will still be the same. I’ll try the USB method, thanks!

• This used to be a freenas box, and PFSense hands out the ip reservations, so I know what the IP was set to before. The Mac hasn’t changed so the IP will still be the same. I’ll try the USB method, thanks!

Have you tried pinging your own IP, or any IP?

--

• Have you tried pinging your own IP, or any IP?

Yes I did do that, I actually pinged the PFSense box and it came back network unreachable. I did mount the USB drive, and loaded the driver. It said it was over writing a newer driver. Once it was done, I tried again and got the same error. Here is another screen shot of everything I am getting. It seems that the drivers are there, as the one I had on the USB were older. But for some reason, they are not pulling in correctly when I do a firstaid-Very odd

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!