cifs mount error(5): Input/output error

• Hi!

I have configured a server with Samba shares: I think every thing is correct but I cannot login into shares.

The search on the internet and on this forum has brought no solution.

Launching the command

Code
    smbclient -L zeraqqu.local

and after password (checked 100 times) I get

Code
    Sharename       Type      Comment
    ---------       ----      -------
    Architettura    Disk      Progetti in corso

But trying to mount I receive:

Code
    mount -t cifs -o username=crickyx //192.168.1.2/Architettura /home/crickyx//Architettura/
    Password for crickyx@//192.168.1.2/Architettura:  ********
    mount.cifs kernel mount options: ip=192.168.1.2,unc=\\192.168.1.2\Architettura,user=crickyx,pass=********
    mount error(5): Input/output error
    Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g. man mount.cifs)
    root@Bisonx:~# echo $?

Exit code of mount command is 32, mount failure but I can't figure out what error(5) is.

Here I found that it was something related to domain name. I have checked what could be the problem:

Code
    hostname
    Zeraqqu.stilolab.eu

and for me is fine.s

The user trebek says

Zitat

I solved this problem by checking my cifspw file, and making sure the domain name was correct.

but I can't find this file on my system...

Is there someone who can point me in the right direction?

Thank you,

Riccardo

• subzero79

Hat das Thema freigeschaltet.
  • Failing to solve the problem, I re-installed everything all over again.

This time, the first thing I tried to configure was smb: well, it gave me the same problem.

The only thing I was deviating from the standard procedure is the manual ext4 formatting.

Why was I doing it? Because for some reason the formatting via web interface was very slow (hours for a 4Tb drive).

So I was resetting disks, creating and configuring Luks via UI but creating the filesystem by hand with mkfs.ext4.

The partition is correctly read in the "File system" menu but I couldn't configure Samba.

Creating the partition with the web interface works instead.

I point out that users, permissions, shares, are exactly the same, also checked in the config.xml file.

There is definitely some part that I didn't catch but I didn't understand which one.

Thank you,

Riccardo

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!