Before I was going to make my own OMV NAS I had a 8TB Synology DS410J NAS.
It was a great NAS but it had only 256 MB.
So I decided to sell it and I was looking for a 12 bay Synology but the price was way too much.
And it wasn’t possible to switch components in it.
Then i found OMV and tested it in a VMware. It worked good but I didn't had much Linux skills for extra add-ons.
So i decided to build a OMV NAS and learn Linux commands.
I bought a QNAP TS-809U-RP 8Bay with defect mainboard.
And filled it with this:
- Mainboard: AMD E-450
- Memory: 4GB DDR 3
- Power: 300Watt
- Raid controller: Addonics Technologies (4 ports)
- Hard disk: 4x Samsung HD203I 2TB ( space for 4 more, will be added in the future )
OMV is installed on a 8GB USB stick ( datatraveler)
It runs in Raid 5 with 5+ TB data space.
Some App's installed:
- DLNA ( but doesn’t run?? someone that can help me? unfortunately I am not a Linux guru ^^)
- VPN PPTP ( not the openvpn plugin, need to pay for that one? )
- Sabnzbd ( after a system reboot the webbrowser doesnt run? )
- Fixing DLNA and Sabnzbd startup.
- Adding Raid controller + 4x Hard disk
- Binding the cable's together