File system missing after reboot

• Hi,

I am running OMV5 on RaspberryPI4. I have one 2TB hdd connected to it. Everything was mounted successfully, i filled up the HDD and at some point after a few reboots via OMV webgui the drive is now 'missing'. I am not very well versed and would like to not lose these files. Where to start?

Sidenote: I initially enabled SSH by creating a file 'SSH' in the root directory of the microSD card. I was never prompted to change root password and now I dont know the root password, it is not any of my passwords, openmediavault, or raspberry. Could this default 'root' have been picked up and changed by a intruder?

ADDITIONS

• I can access OMV webGUI and SSH.
    • The Disk shows up in 'Disks' and has status 'missing' in filesystems.
    • I can see the folder on windows 10 but am getting ' Windows cannot access \\Raspberrypi\data' when i try to open the folder.
    • I was attempting to execute 'mount -all' but it does not seem to do anything even when i performed it via SSH on an account that had root access.. but at other times I was given the reply "only root can perform xxx"

Thanks,

B

• bam136

Hat das Label OMV 5.x hinzugefügt.
  • Were you able to resolve this? as i am having the exact same problem, i have created the new file system and mounted the unit using omv 5 webUI and it all works fine but as soon as i reboot my rpi, the disk shows as missing and duplicated just as yours. Would be great if someone can shed some light into why this happens and how to fix it

• I'm having the same issue. Posted to reddit:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/OpenM…ments/jvs86j/mount_issue/

I have had OMV for a day, it has a 750GB LVM disk passed through from proxmox hypervisor.

The disk shows in the 'disks' section fine. but the file system on it says -missing.

When I check the system logs I see multiple attempts to try to mount the file system resulting in these four error messages each time:

Code
    Nov 17 12:15:01 ############ monit[1100]: Filesystem '/srv/dev-disk-by-label-data' not mounted
    Nov 17 12:15:01 ############ monit[1100]: 'filesystem_srv_dev-disk-by-label-data' unable to read filesystem '/srv/dev-disk-by-label-data' state
    Nov 17 12:15:01 ############ monit[1100]: 'filesystem_srv_dev-disk-by-label-data' trying to restart
    Nov 17 12:15:01 ############ monit[1100]: 'mountpoint_srv_dev-disk-by-label-data' status failed (1) -- /srv/dev-disk-by-label-data is not a mountpoint

Googling seems to bring up a load of stuff when upgrading, or moving RAID's around but this is not the case here.

It's a simple single folder samba share, on a brand new SSD, OMV 5.5.16-1, the only thing I did was reboot the system.

Issue persists through restarts too.

Just tried mount -a and the system has been up ~40 minutes now and all it did was fill the log up with some more of the same error message.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!