Reload 1 container from another?

• How do you restart 1 container, from another?

I've read to use watch scripts, cron jobs, etc... but isn't there a more direct way?

The problem is I'm running a container ("mailu/mailu") and it just won't read the symlinks that my certbot container makes ("linuxserver/letsencrypt"), mailu wants hard/deep copies and its own nginx has to reload upon them (I have a similar niche/edge-case problem with my "gitea/gitea" container as well).

I *thought* I could use a post-hook script with certbot, and while that will perform the deep copies, I'm puzzled on how to run the certbot hooks to trigger a restart of the mailu container. Whatever I do, I want to make sure as soon as there is new certs, mailu is immediately restarted/reloaded, but I'm curious how to do this as I'll undoubtedly run into this again.

• Why don't you put your certs on a volume and expose it to the container, then just restart the container nightly?

I'm using Traefik for my certs and have a script to export them and put them in a shared location which is exposed to my containers that want copies locally (like OpenVPNAS)

• Why don't you put your certs on a volume and expose it to the container, then just restart the container nightly?

I'm using Traefik for my certs and have a script to export them and put them in a shared location which is exposed to my containers that want copies locally (like OpenVPNAS)

I just don't want to restart. I do see a crude proc.sock method which forcefully works, but I'll just leave it with cron for now. I'm sure there has to be a way to trap a signal with the host docker, use some namespace or something right, but later to that :-).

• You'd need to expose the docker socket to the letsencrypt container. Read here:

https://stackoverflow.com/ques…20A%20every%205%20seconds.

Greetings

David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!