SnapRaid: I/O Errors on sync of new data - now 51 errors

• I added an older 3TB HDD to my SnapRaid and copied stuff there from my old RAID6. Then I made a sync which gave some I/O errors at the beginning but then ran fine for hours over the 3TB.

After this was done it did snapraid status which gave:

I now wonder what exactly an error means and how snapraid even discovered those. If there was an I/O error on the initial sync how can the parity be correct? Or did the I/O error simply result in an error beeing logged/synced instead of the real data.

I don't care so much about those blocks of data since it is from older stuff anyway but I would like to interpret the message.

On the other hand the drive I inserted seems unable to successfully run a SMART test (fatal error) so I will switch it out anyway. Should I snapraid -e fix the errors before? I am unsure if this would make anything better or worse since I am not sure if the fix will result in good data. Or would a fix try to re-read the faulty blocks again?

Thanks!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!