OMVEXTRAS - OpenVPN - change wish

• 1) Its working! Changes are saving properly to both configs - server and client.

2) I found a glitch - but it's not releated to this update (happened to me before also). Sometimes it happens, that service is not started/restarted properly after SAVE/APPLY. So it's still running with old config loaded - checked through PID (or not started at all). When I do /etc/init.d/openvpn restart manually (logged on as root), it restarts just fine.

3) new MAJOR version 2.5.0 of OpenVPN released (28.10.2020) https://openvpn.net/community-downloads/ . What version are you using on server? If "you" upgrade to 2.5.0, we can use stronger and recommended cipher (I can do some non-dynamic changes in server/client config files if you send me latest source files)

4) have some warnings on client side (I'm using version 2.5.0) so I can tweak configs little (static settings again)...but it's just warnings :)

Are you still interested to these changes? Probably last changes and it can go "to production". (after testing OFC) :thumbup:

• Offizieller Beitrag

I found a glitch - but it's not releated to this update (happened to me before also). Sometimes it happens, that service is not started/restarted properly after SAVE/APPLY. So it's still running with old config loaded - checked through PID (or not started at all). When I do /etc/init.d/openvpn restart manually (logged on as root), it restarts just fine.

The restart should probably added to the /usr/sbin/omv-openvpn script

ew MAJOR version 2.5.0 of OpenVPN released (28.10.2020) https://openvpn.net/community-downloads/ . What version are you using on server? If "you" upgrade to 2.5.0, we can use stronger and recommended cipher (I can do some non-dynamic changes in server/client config files if you send me latest source files)

The plugin installs the openvpn package from the debian repos (2.4.7 right now). I really don't want to maintain a new package in the omv-extras repo.

ave some warnings on client side (I'm using version 2.5.0) so I can tweak configs little (static settings again)...but it's just warnings :)

If you want to change the code to do different things when it finds 2.5.0 installed, that is fine with me. If a user wants 2.5.0, they will just have to manually install it.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Zitat

The plugin installs the openvpn package from the debian repos (2.4.7 right now). I really don't want to maintain a new package in the omv-extras repo.

Thats fine, didnt know this ;)I

Zitat

If you want to change the code to do different things when it finds 2.5.0 installed....

Okay, plugin is working right now even with 2.5.0 client, so lets wait for 2.5.0 and then I will do minor config changes and kindly ask you again ;) (if you don't mind).

Zitat
    The restart should probably added to the /usr/sbin/omv-openvpn script

Don't know how this is working in OMV. In GUI I have to Disable plugin, Save, Apply, Enable plugin, Save, Apply. So we need to do /etc/init.d/openvpn restart only when plugin enabled. When disabled we don't need to do anything. Can you look at this in /usr/sbin/omv-openvpn script, please? I can test it again and if this works, we have done our job for now ;).

Everything else is fine - I tested writing configs with different settings, connected with my client... All OK ;)

Thank you!

• Offizieller Beitrag

I cannot find it ?

its not available under plugins.

Do you have omv-extras installed?

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Offizieller Beitrag

install omvextrasorg plugin and then:

There is no need to enable either of those repos since there is nothing in them.

• Offizieller Beitrag

In testing repo is openvpn available

For now. Once jimmy_cr's changes are complete, the plugin will be in the regular repo.

• Zitat

For now. Once jimmy_cr's changes are complete, the plugin will be in the regular repo.

I think, that we are done for OpenVPN version 2.4.7... Just don't know how to force restart on Save/Apply when plugin enabled.

Probably we need to modify /usr/sbin/omv-openvpn script - function setup_config()

We should add something to the very end of this function... something like

but I don't know what variable to query to check if plugin enabled... i just put as an example local ovpnenabled=$(omv_config_get "$SERVICE_XPATH/enabled")

• Offizieller Beitrag

salt should restart the service if it knows that something changed. I don't remember why I commented out lines 30,31 in /srv/salt/omv/deploy/openvpn/default.sls. Can you try removing the comment lines then

sudo /usr/bin/salt-call --local saltutil.clear_cache

sudo omv-salt stage run prepare

then see if a config change will restart openvpn?

• Yeah - on Save/Apply:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!