Add [Printers] section to smb.conf

• I am using OMV5 on a Raspberry Pi4 for sharing files with Windows systems. That works fine.

Now I set up a printer server on the Raspberry (cups, samba) to share a printer to Windows. That also works fine.

But OMV is always destroying my smb.conf configuration. I found some environmental variables where I can manage some values in [Global] section of smb.conf. But I am still missing a way to add persistently a [Printers] section with some values to smb.conf.

Is there a way to do that?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Did you try adding the same config to the extra options box that you are adding to smb.conf?

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Unfortunately, I have no idea how to add an "extra options box" to smb.conf. Could you give me an example?

Add the code you are manually addding to the Extra Options box in the Advanced Settings frame on the Settings tab of the SMB/CIFS plugin.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• info57

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!