NFS share of an AUFS pool not working

• One more AUFS Question.
    I tryed and searches a lot but I can't fix it by myself.

Situation

I made same shared folder for my data:

Set up the AUFS pool and his bind share:

And use the bind share for NFS:

Problem

When I'M mounting the nfs share and show the content:

Code
    sudo mount servername:/videopool /media/servername-video
    ls  /media/servername-video

The directory is empty!?
    Other shares and the pooled shares directly are working.

Have i made same mistake?
    Or are there issus in OMV whith the combination of AUFS and NFS?

Thanks in advance
    kalle

• Offizieller Beitrag

While mounted it as a samba share, it is working. It is not working with nfs or ftp even when looking at folder it is binding to (even as root). So, it isn't a permissions issue. I will need to research this.

omv 7.1.0-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.7

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

I found the problem. It is the order of the bind mounts in /etc/fstab. The nfs and ftp bind mounts are happening before the aufs pool is bind mounted to the shared folder. This makes them empty. When I manually reordered fstab, it works fine. I will have to make a change to the plugin which may be very tricky.

** edit - I submitted a change request that will be necessary to fix this problem. Hopefully, Volker likes my solution.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.7

• Thanks for your support!

So, in the meantime, I will export the pooled shares directly. This is not too unconvinient, because there are only two at the moment.
    In the future I will add some more drives and would be happy to NFS-share the pool himself.

To when, I hope Volker likes your solution, too.

kalle

• Offizieller Beitrag
    Zitat von "kalle-del-haye"

To when, I hope Volker likes your solution, too.

He did :)

• It's working!

With 'openmediavault 0.5.34' the nfs export of an aufs pool is working for me.
    But I have to set the 'fsid' nfs option. (Maybe a little hint in the aufs-information would be helpfull to other people?)

Thanks ryecoaaron.
    Thanks Volker.

kalle

• Offizieller Beitrag

I will look into why it is needed. Thanks for the info :)

• This syslog entry indicates the need:
    (Restarting nfs without the 'fsid' parameter.)

Code
    Feb  9 10:11:03 kernel: [35623.838054] nfsd: last server has exited, flushing export cache
    Feb  9 10:11:05 kernel: [35624.981695] svc: failed to register lockdv1 RPC service (errno 97).
    Feb  9 10:11:05 kernel: [35624.981715] NFSD: Using /var/lib/nfs/v4recovery as the NFSv4 state recovery directory
    Feb  9 10:11:05 kernel: [35624.981723] NFSD: starting 90-second grace period
    Feb  9 10:11:55 mountd[8914]: qword_eol: fflush failed: errno 22 (Invalid argument)
    Feb  9 10:11:55 mountd[8914]: Cannot export /export/videopool, possibly unsupported filesystem or fsid= required

Maybe this helps you a little.

kalle

• Offizieller Beitrag

Just found this in the aufs manual:

Code
    Aufs is supporting NFS-exporting. Since aufs has no actual block device, you need to add NFS ’fsid’ option at exporting. Refer to the manual of NFS about the detail of this option.

I added a note to the setup guide on omv-extras.org. I will add it to the plugin's info tab as well.

• I fixed issue by change the orders of /etc/fstab.

make nfs line above smb lines , it works.

following are log / error msg.

Code
    Jan  9 00:02:11 openmediavault kernel: [  379.007020] nfsd: last server has exited, flushing export cache

I found the problem. It is the order of the bind mounts in /etc/fstab. The nfs and ftp bind mounts are happening before the aufs pool is bind mounted to the shared folder. This makes them empty. When I manually reordered fstab, it works fine. I will have to make a change to the plugin which may be very tricky.

** edit - I submitted a change request that will be necessary to fix this problem. Hopefully, Volker likes my solution.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!