flawless install

• Maybe it's because no one has tried it, or because anyone who has tried it has the same total lack of problems that I've had.

The HP Z-800's are coming out of service all over and can be had for not too much money. Personally, I had 2 of them simply given to me.

More importantly, the installation and operation of OMV is flawless. I've had to reboot 2 times, and only for power failures.

There are 4 internal HDD bays, so one system drive and 3 raid drives is already in place

The possible memory slot configurations are outrageous. If you have any DDR2 sitting around, pretty much just plug it in, and the system will post it.

And it's a dual CPU motherboard that supports quad-core hyper-threading

So, for $20.00 in rebuilt XEON processors, I have 16 cores@3.0 and 32 GB of ram in a server box designed to run RAID.

Only one drawback: massive power bill. ~850 watt power supply built before efficiency standards were a big concern.

I guess it can't all be easy

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!