I know it's been asked, but I just want to be clear...

• I know this has been covered, so I am sorry, but I'm late to the party upgrading from 4 to 5 so I want to be clear about something. For the record, I only use my server as a Plex server installed through Docker for the most part. I have a couple of other things installed, but never really use them. If i'm understanding what i've read on various threads here, I simply need to uninstall my plex docker and those couple other plugins that are not on the ported list before I follow the upgrade directions, correct?

Thanks...

• You do not have to uninstall your Plex docker. But I would stop it before upgrading though.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• You do not have to uninstall your Plex docker. But I would stop it before upgrading though.

Everything upgraded fine. Thanks for the help and info. One thing though and I may find the answer by the time you read this. Plex is still working perfectly, but I can't find a listing for installed Dockers in the OMV Control Panel menu anymore. I'm sure it got moved to another section. Could you tell me where? Thanks again.

• The Docker plugin for OMV was deprecated in OMV 5, so what you are looking for no longer exists. Install Portainer and learn to use that instead if you want a GUI for dockers. Significant learning curve though.

Portainer can be installed from the OMV-Extras | Docker tab.

--

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• The Docker plugin for OMV was deprecated in OMV 5, so what you are looking for no longer exists. Install Portainer and learn to use that instead if you want a GUI for dockers. Significant learning curve though.

Portainer can be installed from the OMV-Extras | Docker tab.

After posting my last response, I did some reading and discovered where docker was. Installed Portainer but for some reason when I try and open the interface, the connection is refused. Not sure why. I opened Port 9000 on my router, but still no luck. I reconfigured my network connection (as per a suggestion from another thread), no luck. Haven't tried uninstalling and manually installing yet (another suggestion) because no one who tried that said it worked in the threads I read.

At least Plex is working, but I still need to figure out my Portainer issue at some point in case I need to do anything with it.. The status says Created, which i'm assuming is a good thing. Back to more Google searches I guess.

• If the machine you are trying to connect to Portainer from is on the same LAN as your OMV, your router has nothing to do with it, so if this is the case remove that port forward ASAP.

If Portainer's status is Created, that means it was installed but it's not running yet. If you know how to start a container from the shell, then start it. If not, reboot your OMV and see if that solves it.

--

• If the machine you are trying to connect to Portainer from is on the same LAN as your OMV, your router has nothing to do with it, so if this is the case remove that port forward ASAP.

If Portainer's status is Created, that means it was installed but it's not running yet. If you know how to start a container from the shell, then start it. If not, reboot your OMV and see if that solves it.

I got it. After trying it manually, I got an error about Bind 0.0.0.0:8000 already being allocated. Forgot that was the port I was using for Cloud Commander. I simply went back into the OMV web interface, enabled the advanced button for Portainer, changed the Agent port to 8010 and reinstalled through the web interface and everything is working fine now. Nice little lesson this turned out to be. I'm certainly no expert at this stuff so I do get a smile on my face when I figure these thing out on my own. Thanks for all your help. Now it's time to learn Portainer I guess.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!