Docker with custom base path: can't run MariaDB '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' "No such file or directory"

• I'm running an odroid Arm 32 bit with a small sd card and OMV 4.

Previously I installed docker using this technodad video: Nextcloud, your personal cloud server, on Openmediavault because I want mariadb + nextcloud. This worked but I noticed that my odroid quickly ran out of internal space from docker being installed on its SD card. So I deleted all my containers and tried again:

I did the exact same thing again, with the only change being: in the Settings Tab of Docker in OMV, I chose a custom EXT share folder for the location of the Docker base path.

I downloaded linuxserver/nextcloud and linuxserver/maiadb (I even made sure I gave it the "arm32v7-latest" tag cause I got paranoid after the regular gave the same error and didn't understand the error) and set it up according to the video.

So when I try to run it from bash, particularly at this second in the technodad video, `mysql -uroot -p` keeps failing, with the error:

`Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2 "No such file or directory")`

Indeed navigating to /var/run/, there is no mysqld folder at all and I couldn't find it anywhere in /var/. I did a `find . -name mysqld\*` in `/sharedfolders/MY_DOCKER_FOLDER/` and I found a bunch of entries (but not mysqld.sock) in `./overlay2/3hn5b6c23bh6nb7c34h45hj6g4f/diff/.....` and `./overlay2/k7bg6734kjhj56gh67h34gh34lj678/merged/.....` folders.

Why is everything always so difficult in linux? Can't something for once give an error message that says exactly what is wrong and why? :) Why would mysql.sock be expected to be there and why isn't it there? Who creates it when? How am I supposed to know that? I'm not going to read a whole couple of manuals to find out that I still don't know why. :)

I just want Nextcloud......|| Why can't just has nextcloud?...

• KM0201

Hat das Thema freigeschaltet.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!