Looking for replacement for Asrock qc5000-itx/wifi

• Hi guys or girls ;)

My mobo : Asrock qc5000-itx/wifi is start to act very wird ... it stoped booting with 16Gb of ram and only with 4 Gb stick the memtest is stable so im looking for replacemnet

my goals:

1) Low power

2) at least 4 sata connection

3) 4 cores

4) x86 ;)

The obwies choice is J4105 or J5005 ... but Asrock is lacking in supply soo what to do ?

any suggestions ?

• stoped booting with 16Gb of ram and only with 4 Gb stick the memtest is stable

When did you but it?

did you measure voltage of RTC buffer battery? I've seen weird issues on Mobos when it dropped below 3.25V

omv 6.9.6-2 (Shaitan) on RPi CM4/4GB with 64bit Kernel 6.1.21-v8+

2x 6TB 3.5'' HDDs (CMR) formatted with ext4 via 2port PCIe SATA card with ASM1061R chipset providing hardware supported RAID1

omv 6.9.3-1 (Shaitan) on RPi4/4GB with 32bit Kernel 5.10.63 and WittyPi 3 V2 RTC HAT

2x 3TB 3.5'' HDDs (CMR) formatted with ext4 in Icy Box IB-RD3662-C31 / hardware supported RAID1

For Read/Write performance of SMB shares hosted on this hardware see forum here

• Having had weird mobo issues for months and recently resolved them, first try:

1. Remove all cables, cards, memory, CPU. Remove motherboard from case.

2. Look over mobo very closely for any blown/bulging components or damage to copper traces.

3. If OK, clean board with cotton buds and isopropyl alcohol. (mine was not just a bit dusty, it turned out!)

4. Check closely for anything in the PCI / memory slots that might cause shorts/bad contacts. Hold board upside down, shake it about.

5. Check case for the same before rebuilding.

In my case, I think something very small was causing an intermittent short that threw all sorts of odd errors for months - POST problems, and once booted lots of "xz-compressed data is corrupted system halted" errors.

I got new RAM, that didn't help. Reflashed BIOS, no help. Eventually it didn't POST at all, so I was about to order a new board but then did the above and so far, no problems at all.

Hope this helps. If not, partpicker.com is very useful for sifting through mobos and components by specs.

OMV 6 on Raspberry Pi 3/4/5, Odroid C2/HC2 and three cobbled together x64 boxes running Snapraid.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von NothingNowhere ()

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!