OMV doesn't see my debian logical volume

• HI

I've installed OMV on my debian. Raid1 with LVM. It's works BUT even with the OMv-extras plugins (lvm..) I can't create shared folder inside (homeLV). I cannot select device for in the menu.

How to solve this? in properties i can see the raid and all the volumes (LVM). THX.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Did you mount the filesystem(s) on the LV(s) from the Filesystem tab? If not, you have to create sharedfolders from the filesystems.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4 | scripts 7.0.1

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

I guess I should add some line in config.xml.

No. If you have HOMElv mounted via the Filesystems tab, you can create sharedfolders on the filesystem. If you don't want to mount HOMElv using OMV for some reason, install the sharerootfs plugin and you will be able to create sharedfolders on the OS drive (not sure if it will see the HOMElv because it is not the root OS filesystem though).

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4 | scripts 7.0.1

• No. If you have HOMElv mounted via the Filesystems tab, you can create sharedfolders on the filesystem. If you don't want to mount HOMElv using OMV for some reason, install the sharerootfs plugin and you will be able to create sharedfolders on the OS drive (not sure if it will see the HOMElv because it is not the root OS filesystem though

The plugin sharerootfs is installed. unmounted /dev/md3 (/home debian partition) and mounted in omv. It's works but i don't have my /home in debian. Could I juste create a folder in /home. (DATAS for example) and just share in OMV.

• Offizieller Beitrag

i don't have my /home in debian.

I don't know what this means.

Could I juste create a folder in /home. (DATAS for example) and just share in OMV.

Yes. Why is this better than just using a sharedfolder on a data drive?

• Zitat

i don't have my /home in debian.

When the /dev/md3 is monted (manually) under OMV I have no more /home in the debian os.

Zitat

Yes. Why is this better than just using a sharedfolder on a data drive?

I would like to "just using shared folder" but in the device listed there is only the /rootlv

I Can't choose anything else :

I would like to use the ROOTVG-HOMElv (used as /home in the debian os :

• Offizieller Beitrag

When the /dev/md3 is monted (manually) under OMV I have no more /home in the debian os.

Ah, it isn't on your /home mount point. You will probably have to manually mount it and then symlink it to a shared folder on a data drive. There is no other way to leave it at /home and use it for a shared folder.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!